This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Hit sounds customization

#1ObliviousMemoryPosted 7/18/2011 9:27:42 AM
I was wondering if anyone knows anything about hit sounds customization. If any one here played MGE mod you guys should have noticed the hit sounds changed to quake hit sound when you do a direct rocket hit or an airshot which is also a direct hit.

Is it possible to do that? I know how to customize the sound but it will only play the same sound no matter what I hit.
What I would like is playing a default sound if i hit a splash damage or I deal a stray damage from my shotgun to the enemy but if like I airshot someone or meatshot with the scattegun or shotgun, it plays a quake hit sound.

So is it possible? Thanks in advance if you could help !
#2ObliviousMemory(Topic Creator)Posted 7/18/2011 9:54:36 AM
erm anyone ? :(
#3UneePosted 7/18/2011 9:59:09 AM
http://www.gotfrag.com/tf2/forums/thread/422045/

Quake sounds here
---
Xbox live GT: Racian
#4ObliviousMemory(Topic Creator)Posted 7/18/2011 10:50:38 AM
Erm I do know how to change my hitsound to quake sound but what i want is like is it possible to do it like in MGE mod like if you airshot someone or deal around 100 damage with a rocket that directly hit the target not with the splash damage it plays a quake hit sound and when you do not do that it play the normal tf2 hit sound that goes ding ding ding.
#5ObliviousMemory(Topic Creator)Posted 7/18/2011 8:34:38 PM
anyone ?
#6CopShow GuyPosted 7/18/2011 9:08:39 PM
My friend has his set up so that it plays different pitched dings depending on how much damage the attack did. Is that what you're looking for?
---
GET AGAINST THE TREE!!!
~ The Sage of Shadow ~
#7ObliviousMemory(Topic Creator)Posted 7/18/2011 9:35:39 PM
erm well sort of like that but Is it possible if it's a different sound for different damage rather than using the same sound but different pitches.

Like let say the if i deal a 100 damage using rocket it will play a hit sound from quake but if i do not than it will play the normal hit sound from tf2.

is that possible ?
#8CopShow GuyPosted 7/19/2011 6:32:52 PM(edited)
I do believe it's possible. My friend who has that says it's all a script. You'd have to change a few lines of text to reference the Quake sounds. But that means it won't work on pure servers.

I'll get him to send me the text and I'll try to post it here.
---
GET AGAINST THE TREE!!!
~ The Sage of Shadow ~
#9mazzamanPosted 7/19/2011 6:32:55 PM
Is it possible to swap the shotgun's shooting sound with that of the reserve shooter?
---
I should warn you, many have tried to kill me. Few have succeeded.
#10CopShow GuyPosted 7/19/2011 6:45:41 PM
tf_dingaling_pitchmaxdmg 20
tf_dingaling_pitchmindmg 200

Yeah. So that's it. Makes crits go "BWOOOONG" and afterburn damage go "tink tink tink".
Not sure if that'll help you at all, but it's a start.
---
GET AGAINST THE TREE!!!
~ The Sage of Shadow ~