This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Recommended Pyro loadout?

#1Crazyplayer042Posted 10/1/2011 1:18:21 PM
I've been using the Backburner/Flare Gun/Powerjack since I've had the three, but coming to the boards I'm hearing this isn't a good loadout. I don't really use melee; I'm not sure if I suck at aiming with it or if the hitboxes are weird, and I figure if I'm in range to melee my flamethrower will do the job fine. I find the flare gun useful for deterring attackers though I am thinking the shotgun would serve me better personally.

If it helps, I tend to play Attack/Defense game mode the most, with the occasional Control Points.
---
Gamertag: Paradox042. Feel free to invite me to your games.
#2AzardeaPosted 10/1/2011 1:31:18 PM
Degreaser
Shotgun or Flaregun
Axtinguisher
---
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Azardea
#3stonelikearockPosted 10/1/2011 1:37:32 PM
^ That's the "best" loadout according to popular opinion, but everyone is different. You should try using some different weapons and see if they fit you well, since only you know for sure what works for you.
---
"just be glad there's nobody named paperlikeabook to come and post after you. Then you'd be in trouble mister." - arleas
#4Falco_TaverenPosted 10/1/2011 2:26:14 PM
Azardea posted...
Degreaser
Shotgun or Flaregun
Axtinguisher

Degreaser
Shotgun or Detonator
Axtinguisher

As far as I'm aware, the detonator still crits if you use the glitch. So it's a straight upgrade from the flare gun.
---
"Buying a new Pokemon game is like buying a more expensive hooker: sure, it looks better, but you're still going to catch the same old things."
#5fig333Posted 10/1/2011 2:28:05 PM
Just use whatever you want to use
---
Sent from my broken ipod touch with my crappy app
#6DarmokAndJaladPosted 10/1/2011 2:29:15 PM
Degreaser/Shotgun/Axtinguisher
Degreaser/Shotgun/Powerjack + Attendant hat
Backburner/Shotgun/Backscratcher
Backburner/Shotgun/Homewrecker

These are the best pyro loadouts in the game at the moment in my opinion. The first two are recommended if you are competent with your airblast and secondary, while the third loadout is better if you prefer to roam on your own and ambush people.

The last loadout will make engineers love you and can be very helpful if the other team is full of spies, but if you don't want to babysit engies all day then don't bother with it.

Keep in mind they're testing new stats for all 3 flamethrowers in the beta right now so there might be other, more useful combinations in the future.

Feel free to substitute shotgun with flare gun, although personally I think the shotgun is more useful to have in most situations.
#7synthetiksinPosted 10/1/2011 2:50:29 PM
Degreaser + Shotgun + Axetinguisher, when you get good enough for advanced manuevers

Backburner + Flare + Homewreck, when you are a spychecking engie buddy

Degreaser + Shotgun + Rake, when there are no good medics

Degreaser + Shotgun (flare) + axetinguisher is overall the best loadout scheme.
#8CrayolaNinjaPosted 10/1/2011 3:34:03 PM
Rake is so awesome.
#9koc262Posted 10/1/2011 3:54:38 PM
IMO:

Degreaser
Shotgun/Flare Gun
Axtinguisher/Postal Pummeler
---
You made me swallow my gum! That's going to be in my digestive tract for seven years!
#10Cute-BabyPosted 10/1/2011 4:26:12 PM
Backburner
Ghastly Gibus
Mercenary Badge