This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Making Uncraftable items Craftable.

#1ElectricDoodiePosted 11/11/2011 5:32:36 PM(edited)
Don't know if this is old or already in another thread, but I saw this on tf2r.
Is it true? Can't try it right now.

"You can make any item go from non-craftable to craftable (or most : hats , misc , taunts ,weapons etc ...) simply by trading them now via steamtrade . Trade your non craftable item to a friend , then get them back : you just made your item become craftable . It might get rolled back by Valve , but considering it's not anything special (it's just using steam trade) , they won't punish anybody (like they did for the idle software)."

---
MHTri/MHP3(AHP): Booshki
Number of people who have admitted to reading my name as ElectricDoodle instead of ElectricDoodie: 219
#2DexterTheThirdPosted 11/11/2011 5:55:03 PM
Tested it...and it appears to work! Cleaned the uncraftable tag from several items I traded between alt accounts via steam trade. Better keep this on the down low...
---
HFC: Since 2002. This should be required playing for entrance to GameFAQs: http://pbskids.org/arthur/games/factsopinions/
#3pokedude900Posted 11/11/2011 6:06:23 PM
Don't have anything I planned on trading away to do this with, but I now have a clean Team Captain. :D
---
"Only 2 things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former"-Albert Einstein; see my quote for discussion of both
#4bnui_ransderPosted 11/11/2011 6:18:28 PM
nonononono bad bad bad

I trade for uncraftables purely so I wont be tempted to craft them...
---
http://steamcommunity.com/id/bnui
#5pokedude900Posted 11/11/2011 6:23:18 PM
^You don't have to participate in this.
---
"Only 2 things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former"-Albert Einstein; see my quote for discussion of both
#6ElectricDoodie(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2011 6:25:56 PM
I just helped a bunch of friends make their items craftable.
Love it.

---
Number of people who have admitted to reading my name as ElectricDoodle instead of ElectricDoodie: 219
#7pokedude900Posted 11/11/2011 6:26:57 PM
Damn. Looks like they just fixed it. <_<
---
#8Rolen74Posted 11/11/2011 6:33:20 PM
I was hoping to get a clean Rocket Jumper, but it didn't work. Oh well it doesn't matter that much.
---
Milk-a-whaaaaaaaaa!?
#9ElectricDoodie(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2011 6:34:57 PM

Damn. Looks like they just fixed it. <_<

Yeah... Literally, from one trade to the other, it stopped working...

---
#10ElectricDoodie(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2011 6:35:38 PM

I was hoping to get a clean Rocket Jumper, but it didn't work. Oh well it doesn't matter that much.

Yeah, I cleaned both my Rocket Jumper and Sticky Jumper, RIGHT before it stopped working.

---