This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How to get the Black Rose (new spy knife)

#1Rolen74Posted 2/16/2012 12:55:55 PM
It's been revealed how to get the new spy knife:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/102700/?snr=1_4_4__40

Team Fortress 2 "Black Rose"
Receive the free Alliance of Valiant Arms-themed Team Fortress 2 weapon, "Black Rose", by unlocking the "1st One Down" achievement in A.V.A.!*
To receive the free TF2 item, players must create a character and complete their first game to unlock this achievement. (Players who've already unlocked should also receive the item.)
*The "Black Rose" will be available in TF2 later on today.

Gogogogogo
---
Milk-a-whaaaaaaaaa!?
#2TectonicImprovPosted 2/16/2012 12:57:28 PM

Receive the free Alliance of Valiant Arms-themed Team Fortress 2 weapon, "Black Rose", by unlocking the "1st One Down" achievement in A.V.A.!*
To receive the free TF2 item, players must create a character and complete their first game to unlock this achievement. (Players who've already unlocked should also receive the item.)

Gogogogogo

On today?
---
Because the TF2 economy is stupid.-chaos_blasta
Majora's Mask is overrated. People who agree: 9 (PM your opinion, good, or bad.)
#3NME_EnterprisesPosted 2/16/2012 1:02:26 PM(edited)
Great. Now I just have to get the account registration working because Ijji hates me

Also this seems like a really easy Genuine to get... probably won't be worth much then, or tradeable

Additionally, the A.V.A. team has included a Team Fortress 2 item in their game! For this weekend only, jump into A.V.A. and you'll receive the "Holy Mackerel" as a melee item for your character.
*Holy Mackerel will be added to your account one day after your recent playtime.

---
People who've needed "a monstah to clobbah dat dere Kirbeh!": 119
El Psy Congroo.
#4SilverDragon22Posted 2/16/2012 1:01:46 PM
*rushes like a scout* still not winded.

for those who haven't played AvA, its not a bad F2P fps game...of course tf2 is still superior ;)
---
Watch my TF2 vids at:
http://www.youtube.com/user/ValentinoGames
#5michael_k1dPosted 2/16/2012 1:02:49 PM
Wow, that's it? Play 1 game? Sexy black rose is gonna be mine! Good thing I already had an ijji account from Gunbound all those years ago <_>
---
My whole brain is crying!
#6HyperDragonPosted 2/16/2012 1:10:34 PM
TectonicImprov posted...

Gogogogogo
On today?

....really? Reading the whole thing helps.

SilverDragon22 posted...
*rushes like a scout* still not winded.

for those who haven't played AvA, its not a bad F2P fps game...of course tf2 is still superior ;)

Bad F2P FPS solely because it installs an extremely dangerous rootkit on your PC as part of its DRM which has been known to degrade systems over time.
#7XDummyXPosted 2/16/2012 1:13:47 PM
From steam news section

Weekend Deal - Alliance of Valiant Arms, TF2 promotion
Announcement - Valve
Alliance of Valiant Arms, the popular Free-to-Play game on Steam, is having a special Weekend Deal to commemorate their latest update which includes Steam achievements!

Now through Monday at 10AM Pacific Time, all in-game purchases will net you double the G Coins in A.V.A.! Additionally, a new A.V.A. themed item, the "Black Rose", has been added into Team Fortress 2. Complete the AVA achievement, "1st One Down", to unlock the TF2 item later on today and you'll also receive the TF2-inspired "Holy Mackerel" for your A.V.A. character!

Maybe the genuine version is time locked to today? Glad i got this thing up and running a day or two ago...
#8SilverDragon22Posted 2/16/2012 1:26:14 PM
Bad F2P FPS solely because it installs an extremely dangerous rootkit on your PC as part of its DRM which has been known to degrade systems over time.

well then, thats good to know. Not worth a knife reskin.
---
Watch my TF2 vids at:
http://www.youtube.com/user/ValentinoGames
#9NME_EnterprisesPosted 2/16/2012 1:32:42 PM
The game's login to ijji keeps crashing on me anyway, so forget this.
---
People who've needed "a monstah to clobbah dat dere Kirbeh!": 119
El Psy Congroo.
#10CopShow GuyPosted 2/16/2012 1:33:37 PM
HyperDragon posted...

Is there a source for this? The knife looks cool and the requirement to get it seems lax enough for me to actually want to do it. But if that's true, I'll skip it.
---
GET AGAINST THE TREE!!!
~ The Sage of Shadow ~