This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone here like using the spycicle as their main weapon as a spy?

#11SamStone22Posted 3/20/2012 1:44:36 PM

From: Falcon_Pawnch75 | Posted: 3/20/2012 4:26:17 PM | #010
I don't have a Spycicle, and I don't want one.

If I use Spy at all, it's with stock knife. I find Big Earner's health penalty to be horrible, and I dislike using the YER. Spycicle's melting just makes it annoying to fight Pyros with unless you have the Enforcer, and the Enforcer is annoying to use unless you've got the Dead Ringer, which I don't ever use.

Lol at how you didn't even mention Conniver's Kunai.
---
I make a topic in Final Fantasy 12 to ask if Tifa! They said no Tifa. Hardness gone!-gandob
#12Ken_pachi01(Topic Creator)Posted 3/20/2012 2:05:14 PM
*writes down the names of the people who use spy-cicle*

Actually, i have this OP piece of s***. Why do people pay for weapons to give them that extra edge in normal match? Just play normally for fun. Definetly needs to be nerfed
#130o_ZeroWing_o0Posted 3/20/2012 5:22:52 PM
SamStone22 posted...
Yeah, it needs a nerf.
---
Name your Rocket Launcher DA GOON LAUNCHA. People who agree: 4 (PM me if you agree)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/NewGen350
#14Blk_Mage_CtypePosted 3/20/2012 5:25:02 PM
I don't own one, and even if I did, I'd rather stick with my Festive Knife.
---
I imagine Bethesda's Quality Testing Department a big, dusty room filled with cobwebs, and a chimp wearing a Fez banging on the keyboard of a single computer...
#15Falcon_Pawnch75Posted 3/20/2012 6:42:50 PM

Lol at how you didn't even mention Conniver's Kunai.

I knew there was SOME knife I was forgetting XD

I never use the Kunai, never seen it used, and probably almost never will. It's a fun idea, but it's just too weak to be considered.
---
This line is dedicated to Hamsammich64. The most--*gets bombed*
[SFT]FP -- The best active racer in SFT, except Libby and NESS.
#16SamStone22Posted 3/20/2012 7:07:01 PM

From: Falcon_Pawnch75 | Posted: 3/20/2012 9:42:50 PM | #015
I never use the Kunai, never seen it used, and probably almost never will. It's a fun idea, but it's just too weak to be considered.

Heh, that's why I thought you didn't mention it.
---
I make a topic in Final Fantasy 12 to ask if Tifa! They said no Tifa. Hardness gone!-gandob
#17AmishScientistPosted 3/20/2012 7:10:53 PM
Chibirazi posted...
The fact that the kill animation is a gigantic "L0L spah in yo base/behind yo arse!"-sign is bad enough.

Because the kill notification and the GRAAAAAAAAAUGH I'M SCREAMING FROM GETTING BACKSTABBED sound from other non-YER knives are so much more subtle.

"As for the fire-protection...meh a worthwhile pyro is going to ab you into the next wall anyway,if there isnt one shame on you for actually getting caught by one in the open"

And that Pyro's going to lose you if you have teammates around. You get to live, yay. And, supposing there is no wall nearby, you are getting away even though you've made a mistake. Yay.
---
# of Market Gardener/Mantreads Double Kills in Lifetime: 8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfjqmC1Mt80&feature=youtube_gdata
#18CopShow GuyPosted 3/20/2012 7:17:02 PM
I have it and use it. Because you know what else screams "THERE'S A SPY IN OUR AREA"? Backstab death screams and backstab notifications in the kill feed.

I have another loadout where I use the Black Rose, however.
---
GET AGAINST THE TREE!!!
~ The Sage of Shadow ~
#19michael_k1dPosted 3/20/2012 8:53:18 PM
I did main with it... but then the Black Rose came out and its too smexy not to use....
---
My whole brain is crying!
#20GeneralFoxPosted 3/20/2012 10:22:32 PM(edited)
Been trying to get used to this set up.

Ambassador
Spycicle
IW

It's ok, I need a lot of practice getting headshots though with the Ambassador though. I like the Spycicle mainly just for getting past Crazed Spy checking Pyro's more then anything.

AmishScientist posted...
Chibirazi posted...
The fact that the kill animation is a gigantic "L0L spah in yo base/behind yo arse!"-sign is bad enough.

Because the kill notification and the GRAAAAAAAAAUGH I'M SCREAMING FROM GETTING BACKSTABBED sound from other non-YER knives are so much more subtle.

I find the ice sculptures significantly more noticeable that there is a spy around then random dead bodies and death screams mainly because the spy is currently the only one that turns people to ice. If the spy is just blatantly just going for kills at all costs though he's probably super wreck-less and the knife won't effect how blatantly obvious he is regardless though.

---
~Stargazer