The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I keep having a glitch that affects enemy spies.

#1ElectricDoodiePosted 5/3/2012 7:21:47 AM
If they ever disguise as Pyro, they don't have a head.
If they ever disguise as Demo, they don't have legs.

Hope it doesn't get fixed.

---
MHTri/MHP3(AHP): Booshki
Number of people who have admitted to reading my name as ElectricDoodle instead of ElectricDoodie: 233
#2arleasPosted 5/3/2012 7:29:54 AM
I think the demo one is related to the peg leg whatever it is... I forgot the name... bootlegger? anyway... if they disguise as a demo wearing that, then it doesn't show up...maybe... I saw it once back in December and yeah, it's pretty damn obvious. Worse than "scout moving at 100% speed instead of 133% speed"

The pyro not having a head thing might be related to one of the alternate gasmask things.

It'll only get fixed if a bunch of people complain endlessly in SPUF and/or in direct emails to the TF2 devs for about 3 weeks solid...
---
http://raptr.com/badge/dc821beb3ce7e522d4d6721ba24c11e0/fs.png
http://www.speedtest.net/result/1846063869.png
#3NME_EnterprisesPosted 5/3/2012 7:57:23 AM(edited)
This is why I never disguise as Demoman anymore. Not like the disguises fool anyone as it is, but this just makes it worse, and it's not that easy to notice if you were disguised as a pegleg Demo.

I've only seen the Pyro one once though. Last Breath?
---
People who've needed "a monstah to clobbah dat dere Kirbeh!": 124
http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/15/heartscream2.jpg
#4Blk_Mage_CtypePosted 5/3/2012 8:04:27 AM
It has to do with the Bootlegger and mask replacing miscs like Foster's Facade, Apparition's Aspect, and the Last Breath.

Dunno why who'd want it to stay unfixed though, unless you don't know how to Spycheck and are regularly dominated by Spies.
Here's a hint: Turn on the damage counter under Advanced Options, and if when you shoot a friendly they take damage, it's a Spy. Also, develop the habit of glancing behind you every once in awhile, and if anyone is following you, Spycheck them before turning back around.
---
I imagine Bethesda's Quality Testing Department a big, dusty room filled with cobwebs, and a chimp wearing a Fez banging on the keyboard of a single computer...
#5Intro1827Posted 5/3/2012 8:11:48 AM

Here's a hint: Turn on the damage counter under Advanced Options, and if when you shoot a friendly they take damage, it's a Spy.

Hahaha what.
---
Smoky Progg is the best optional boss ever
http://walfas.org/flash/yukari_portal.swf
#6ElectricDoodie(Topic Creator)Posted 5/3/2012 8:25:12 AM(edited)

Here's a hint: Turn on the damage counter under Advanced Options, and if when you shoot a friendly they take damage, it's a Spy.

What? That's not how it works for me.

I've had Damage Counter and the Damage Ding on for over 800 hours.
If the enemy Spy is disguised as my team, it does not ding and damage does not show.

If the Spy has DeadRinger, and I kill him:
-If he really died, it dings on the last hit.
-If he didn't and just DRed, there is no ding.

Dunno why who'd want it to stay unfixed though, unless you don't know how to Spycheck and are regularly dominated by Spies.

Also, develop the habit of glancing behind you every once in awhile, and if anyone is following you, Spycheck them before turning back around.

Oh, I usually have a really easy time dealing with spies. But now I can see them from a mile away, and alert other teammates who he is and where he is.

---
Number of people who have admitted to reading my name as ElectricDoodle instead of ElectricDoodie: 233
#7Blk_Mage_CtypePosted 5/3/2012 10:02:58 AM
Hmm... Guess it must be a glitch then? Cause I only just enabled the damage counter a couple days ago, and last time I shot a disguised Spy with my Shotgun while playing Engineer, the damage counter showed the damage I was dealing to him with each shot.

I can understand wanting to be able to warn your team about Spies in advance, but the Spy is already UP as it is, and as long as your team has a capable Pyro who sticks around, then you really shouldn't need to warn them in advance.
---
I imagine Bethesda's Quality Testing Department a big, dusty room filled with cobwebs, and a chimp wearing a Fez banging on the keyboard of a single computer...
#8NME_EnterprisesPosted 5/3/2012 10:05:58 AM
Should take screencaps or something then. I'm pretty sure disguised spies don't take damage numbers for me either.

I'm also sure Valve would've taken this into account already, but then again we have numerous issues like the Demo legs/Pyro head still lingering.
---
People who've needed "a monstah to clobbah dat dere Kirbeh!": 124
http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/15/heartscream2.jpg
#9tiomastaPosted 5/3/2012 10:06:29 AM
The Widowmaker still gives you metal if you shoot disguised Spies. Maybe that was it.
---
There are three types of people in the world: people that can count, and people that can't.
"I hate when someone quotes himself in his sig." -Me
#10ElectricDoodie(Topic Creator)Posted 5/4/2012 4:39:50 AM(edited)

The Widowmaker still gives you metal if you shoot disguised Spies. Maybe that was it.

I haven't tried this one out yet.
But I'll try to do it later today.

But, just to make sure, I made sure all my setting were correct for the past 800 hours, and Blk_Mage_Ctype's idea doesn't actually work.

---