This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

ITT: Best loadouts according to terrible pubbers

#21RyusutaPosted 5/3/2012 11:39:55 PM
DarmokAndJalad posted...
synthetiksin posted...
vidgameking84 posted...
LL has a downside with medic because -25% clip size.
Gotta pocket that demo and heavy instead now cause them dumb soldiers.
Read the freakin post. He's saying at least with the LL, the upside, faster rocket speed, still applies with a pocket medic, unlike the healing capabilities of the BB. They're both awful with a pocket medic, but LL is slightly more applicable than the BB.

Sorry to say it, slightly faster rockets with bad aim is basically regular speed rockets with better aim. Therefore, no real upside.

His argument isn't very good, but yours is worse.

This.
---
http://i.imgur.com/cK3Ri.png
#22StrahgPosted 5/4/2012 12:22:12 AM
Pretty much. Newbies use:

- Poor gimmick weapons like Force-a-Nature, Natascha, Quick-Fix, and Razorback.
- Crutch weps like the Liberty Launcher, Tomislav, Sydney Sleeper, Enforcer, and Dead Ringer (surprised that's not on the list tbqh...).
- Bad-habit promoting weps like the Phlogistinator and Cloak and Dagger.

And it's awesome when pub Engineers equip the Wrangler despite not being able to handle it properly and then letting the enemy run straight pass to the objective by missing with their Wrangled Sentry while being unable to repair their buildings since they don't have the wrench out. Same goes for them completely missing with the Widowmaker and running out of metal.

It's about as bad as when Gunslinger Engies try to play pure defense...
---
Hi there!
#23michael_k1dPosted 5/4/2012 3:52:58 AM
shoheeb posted...
I see a ton of terrible pubbers use ambassador on spy, thinking that they can get consistent headshots

I absolutely hate the ambassador since I can't get revolver headshots to save my life, but I'm going for the achievement... just 12 more kills to go.... ugh...
---
My whole brain is crying!
#24TropicMoon10Posted 5/4/2012 4:21:13 AM
It's true - I used to think the Quick-fix and ScoRes were straight upgrades from the stock weapons.

Took me a loooong time to realize that wasn't the case. I barely played Demoman at all when I started with TF2 though.
---
-TropicMoon - true story
http://i.imgur.com/N9lTE.jpg
#25HyperDragonPosted 5/4/2012 4:23:43 AM
synthetiksin posted...

No it doesn't.

Pretty sure a pocket with the LL will kill any Scout trying to kill his Medic 500x easier. In fact, when TLR and such were messing around with it, that was pretty much the big bonus for using it besides easier airshots on jumpers. However, it forces you to play less aggressive since you can no longer reliably take on 2 people with just rockets.
#26BakedStuffEtc(Topic Creator)Posted 5/4/2012 5:21:53 AM
synthetiksin posted...
Pub game + competent medic?

I said if. And it happens, just not on the kind of terrible servers I was referencing

synthetiksin posted...
Health packs in every corner and will always be there no matter what?

Just about all maps have health packs not too far from each other that spawn at a reasonable rate

we've been over this, black box sucks
---
My opinion is objective fact. If you disagree, well, you're wrong.
#27zammoxPosted 5/4/2012 5:27:24 AM
Medic
-quick fix

I am an idiot and I don't understand the class of "medic" to any degree whatsoever. I have unlocked a new weapon that looks kinda jazzy and the weird bar fills up pretty quick so I'm going to use it xDDDDDDD
---
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
#28synthetiksinPosted 5/4/2012 8:17:43 AM
BakedStuffEtc posted...
I said if. And it happens, just not on the kind of terrible servers I was referencing

If? Yeah, truly competent medics are just as rare as shiny pokemon even in not crappy servers. Even then, there's no such thing as a competent medic constantly following one soldier.

Just about all maps have health packs not too far from each other that spawn at a reasonable rate

10 secs is not a reasonable rate in a game like this, especially since people on both teams get hurt much more often than that.

we've been over this, black box sucks

No, we've been over how much you suck with it and/or how much your aim sucks and/or how you don't know how/when to reload and/or how medic reliant you are and/or how your playstyle allows you to be next to health at all times.

The weapon doesn't suck, you just do.
#29DEEM0Posted 5/4/2012 9:11:55 AM
synthetiksin posted...

when was the last time you saw an extremely good soldier (and not a pubstar) use the BB or LL?

oh wait, never
#30synthetiksinPosted 5/4/2012 10:22:59 AM(edited)
DEEM0 posted...
synthetiksin posted...

when was the last time you saw an extremely good soldier (and not a pubstar) use the BB or LL?

oh wait, never

Sound logic right? I see more ******* soldiers roll with the RL than good soldiers, so that means the RL is crappy?

There's a difference between comp and pubs. In a comp game, people will roll out as a team, meaning there will always be a medic around, not to mention a force multiplier. So the RL will ALWAYS be the best choice. In pub games, team dynamics are always inconsistent and in a lot of cases, survivability is much more effective than all out damage but apparently, by your standards, pubbers can never be good soldiers because they don't play comp. Not even going to mention how comp games are the minority game types compared to the overall majority of pub games.

Never said the BB is better or on par with the vanilla RL or direct hit. It just doesn't suck.

Oh, and I have seen good roaming soldier in comp roll with the BB and do just perfectly fine. LL though, never seen, but that weapon is just a crutch and soldier that know how to aim don't need that extra speed.