This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

TF2 Was Ruined By Going F2P

#210o_ZeroWing_o0Posted 5/3/2012 5:47:08 PM
VALVe is earning 12x the amount of money after the F2P update.
---
Name your RL: DA GOON LAUNCHA. People who agree: 5 (PM me if you agree)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/NewGen350
#22TectonicImprovPosted 5/3/2012 5:59:03 PM
...How does having money make you automatically better at TF2 than F2Players?
---
Official Akuroma of the Pokemon Black 2 Boards
Majora's Mask is overrated. People who agree: 14 (PM your opinion, good, or bad.)
#23XLCheesePosted 5/3/2012 6:05:26 PM
TF2 was always easy.
Trashcan Halo wearers
Trashcan Gibus wearers
Trashcan bla bla
and now trashcan f2ps.
#24zero7717Posted 5/3/2012 6:20:18 PM(edited)
I was playing on servers where nobody cared about the objective before the game went F2P so it doesn't really matter to me.

If anything, I'm of the opinion that the game going free-to-play was a good thing, since it's far easier for people to start playing the game now.
---
"Once I was in a game where a group of people were having a civilized discussion. About religion. With no petty flaming. On the internet."
~magmablock
#25anonymous46773Posted 5/4/2012 5:25:29 AM
Stop playing pubs.
---
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.
#26AnimeRPGFanPosted 5/4/2012 5:33:43 AM
Id Hyren posted...
way back when people actually paid for tf2, you got the sense that they put the slightest amount of effort into learning what in the hell they're doing.

Ah, there it is. First sentence, even.
---
Please, call me Loyal.
Nintendo has this whole thing about making people want to give them money and then not letting them do it.
#27dranozPosted 5/4/2012 6:45:27 AM
Eh, even before f2p, tf2 was something most people "paid" for only as a throw-in with The Orange Box. The barriers to entry were never high, and there was no subscription fee. I suppose with f2p what we are probably seeing is an influx of children who did not play before because they had no access to money/credit cards. But what do you expect? The game is a cartoon...
---
..*) .*) dranoz =====> That's right.
(. (. . .`.
#28foolm0ronPosted 5/4/2012 8:30:23 AM

Remember when you were new and horrible at TF2? Give the F2Pers time and they'll become good.

No? I've been playing since day 1 and I was always at least above-average
---
_foolmo_
'he says listen to my story this maybe are last chance' - ertyu quoting Tidus
#29KrudmuffinsPosted 5/4/2012 8:32:42 AM
Yes, TF2 was ruined when it went out of beta, it was ruined again when the medic update came out, and then again with every other class update. All intermediate updates adding new hats and trading also ruined it, encouraging players to make replays ruined it, F2P ruined it, Grordbort ruined it, and the Mannconomy ruined it.

TF2 is ruined daily according to the community, and yet, it seems to thrive.
---
I dislike my username.
#30reignofkainPosted 5/4/2012 8:38:04 AM
Congratulations! Would you like a medal for your discovery!?
---
Brony for life.
Ghoti. PM if you get it. People who get it: 1