This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How to Trade?

#1bloodsaberPosted 7/3/2012 6:35:48 PM
I'm new to the game,

I see there is an option in game to trade by server? is this good?
I started playing the game, then went to trade, and it asked who I wanted to trade with,
I closed the window, that sounded like other mmorpgs that open a trade window, and I did not want to annoy anyone with opening trade windows.
so I'm not sure really how trading is done in game?

how do people trade? I see someone has made a team fortress 2 trade board it looks like, (I dont see to many posts on it) is that the best way to trade here?

anyways, just any tips on how to find and trade with people,
I got some random items for classes i never play, and would rather trade them for classes that I do play.
#2GunswordzPosted 7/3/2012 6:38:58 PM
Are you premium?
---
Things happen when you push buttons, but yelling at the screen yields no results.
#3Rolen74Posted 7/3/2012 6:43:34 PM
When you select to trade with someone a pop-up happens and they have to either accept it or reject it. After they accept it then you both go into a trade window with items and private chat.

It's annoying receiving trade requests from random people, so make sure you talk to the person in general game chat before you send any trade requests.
---
Milk-a-whaaaaaaaaa!?
#4bloodsaber(Topic Creator)Posted 7/3/2012 6:47:14 PM
premium?

apparently not, actually I've been told I cant even have a friends list on steam since I have not actually paid for a game there yet.

it just seems like there would be a place where I can see everything people are trading, and what they want in return.
surely we are not expected to just shout all the items we have and all the items we want.
so I'm wondering how its all done.
#5SorrySleepingPosted 7/3/2012 6:50:48 PM
You can't trade without "buying" TF2. You can't add friends on Steam without having at least one non-f2p game. If you buy TF2, you can add friends on Steam.
---
~{Always Sleeping}~
#6bloodsaber(Topic Creator)Posted 7/3/2012 6:55:01 PM
whats the difference between buying it and playing free?
other then trading?
and is trading done well? because I am getting the feeling its hard to find out who has what and who wants what.

are the servers any better after buying the game? I've noticed I only see the same two maybe three zones over and over again, and when I try to manually choose a server well, it's normally a pain and I just stick with letting it choose the best one.
#7SorrySleepingPosted 7/3/2012 6:59:25 PM
Do you SERIOUSLY have to ask that?

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/437678-team-fortress-2/59562788

It isn't like it is %*($ing hidden or anything.
---
~{Always Sleeping}~