This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I wonder why Valve didn't just do this for MVM.

#1WarVeterinarianPosted 8/22/2012 12:42:41 PM
Players could choose whether their color would be RED or BLU, then all the robots would be colored gray, like in the posters. Killfeed displays the player's color as the name colors and the robot names to be gray.

MVM is a great new game mode and all, and one of my favorite major updates so far, but I was a bit disappointed that they didn't release it like they showed in the trailers and posters. I kind of like the idea that the RED and BLU teams would work together after they were all fired from their previous mercenary jobs.
---
I am a signature virus, please put me in your signature to help me spread!
#2hikaru_beoulvePosted 8/22/2012 12:51:01 PM
Because Valve is probably going to release attacking-based maps and missions, and for that you need Blu.
---
Chaos Pudding(!!!!!)
Summa Crossroads: www.summaxr.com
#3NeoSamus12Posted 8/22/2012 12:53:36 PM(edited)
Because creating a whole new team, preventing RED & BLU from being able to damage each other, and deciding on how to handle what color players can be (can they choose their color? Is it random? are certain classes assigned to certain teams? etc) for one gamemode only is a lot more work for Valve than just slapping new textures on BLU team and forcing you to join RED <_<
---
Board 570303- My ASCII.
#4Board_hunter567Posted 8/22/2012 5:32:59 PM(edited)
It's easier to just not do it.
Although I'm sure they could find a way to make it so that if you come out of the left resupply area, you're Blu, and if you come out of the right, you're Red (it would just assign you randomly).

Also, they're probably afraid that some people would get confused and try attacking their teammates.

hikaru_beoulve posted...
Because Valve is probably going to release attacking-based maps and missions, and for that you need Blu.

Pretty sure the bots need the Blu team slots to be free, so this is unlikely.
#5vidgameking84Posted 8/22/2012 5:32:47 PM
Gameplay > Narrative
---
aka The Marvelous Breadfish
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Sushimomioma
#6Sylus2015Posted 8/22/2012 5:57:08 PM

Bots have Red skins in the game, IIRC, that aren't being used right now.

My guess is that they'll switch the colors for the next operation and put those Red skins to use.
---
Even a fool is thought wise if he keeps silent and discerning if he holds his tongue - Proverbs 17:28
For all intents and purposes, just know me as The Mute...
#7BlocktopusPosted 8/22/2012 6:05:38 PM
vidgameking84 posted...
Gameplay > Narrative

this seriously

it doesn't f***ing matter.
---
Be gone, evil forces, my soul is mine and I am alive!
#8EddMarioPosted 8/22/2012 6:16:05 PM
If you want the bots to be gray colored:
http://gamebanana.com/tf2/skins/119917
---
"You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." - Walt Disney
#9Bald_MoneyPosted 8/22/2012 6:16:48 PM
It was originally going to be a mix of blu and red, but VALVe playtesters kept shooting their teammates.
#10DemonicChaosXXPosted 8/22/2012 6:21:41 PM
Sylus2015 posted...

Bots have Red skins in the game, IIRC, that aren't being used right now.

My guess is that they'll switch the colors for the next operation and put those Red skins to use.

How do you know that?