This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How do I be a good spy in MVM?

#1Lord LoofilooPosted 8/30/2012 6:36:24 PM
Is there any way to play spy in that mode without being far less useful than a soldier or heavy or engineer? If there is, I can't figure it out.
---
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4v4qmcBMX1ro0jrzo1_500.jpg
Stop abusing the word Roguelike.
#2JackL777Posted 8/30/2012 6:40:12 PM
sap the medics
sap robots when they are grouped together.
backstab giants
sap giants
use dead ringer
---
I am Turaku <-- Steam ID
#3EddMarioPosted 8/30/2012 6:46:03 PM
Le'Tranger (You won't be using it that much, but you'll be disguised a lot, so it's cloak restore is gonna be needed)
Big Earner
Dead Ringer
Stock Sapper
Get the first sapper upgrade
Disguise as a random bot
Stand behind where the bots drop into the map
Equip sapper
Press F4
When wave starts, sap a bot. If you can, quickly backstab as many as you can and quickly pull out your DR. When you cloak from it, disguise again. Rinse and repeat.
Upgrade your knife with health on kill, your sapper, and your character with health increase, movement speed, and health regen. If you have some cash to spare, upgrade your Le'Tranger damage. For the canteen, uber would be the only good choice, as you'll be backstabbing, sapping, and cloaking a lot.
Rinse and repeat. In the later waves, if you did this right you'll be able to take out Medibots quickly before they can uber, and slow down/stop almost all the bots.
---
"You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." - Walt Disney
#4MrCucumberPosted 8/30/2012 6:56:59 PM
Hey add me: vamperor45

deadbear

i have been helping tons of spies (medics too if u main it) on how to switch it up for mvm.

protip: the spy makes a nice aggro target for giants, just pop and ubber and face the giant away from the team.

technically this is a "root", incase when the bomb is really close and stuff

keep in mind that spy also gets TONS of aggro (hate) from robots, they will all change their gun sights on you soon as u pop up. even if the other classes did more damage SPY HAS A HUGE AGGRO TO BOTS. USE THIS TO YOUR ADVANTAGE
---
The Suicide King
- Your King
#5DarkMarc009Posted 8/30/2012 8:01:01 PM
You can be a good spy by being a cash spy if you don't have a scout on your team (or if you think they cant get to the cash in time) In case you haven't noticed, robots don't spy check. Thus, you can run around while disguised and pick up all the dough, with no opposition in your way (as long as you don't jump in front of them while they shoot).
---
Calling one a fanboy only reveals it in yourself.
3DS FC: 3995-6585-1473
#6Rolen74Posted 8/30/2012 8:09:01 PM
Normally I don't recommend this script, but it's very good for MvM:

http://gamebanana.com/tf2/scripts/2903

Everytime you attack it will give you back your disguise. It's bad to use it in a real game because with so much smoke you become obvious but in MvM it doesn't matter how obvious you are.
---
Milk-a-whaaaaaaaaa!?
#7CopShow GuyPosted 8/30/2012 8:13:04 PM
Rolen74 posted...

Everytime you attack it will give you back your disguise. It's bad to use it in a real game because with so much smoke you become obvious but in MvM it doesn't matter how obvious you are.

After playing an actual PvP game of TF2 for the first time in a while, MvM has made my Spy much worse. I'd stay away from things that make you a worse spy vs people.
---
GET AGAINST THE TREE!!!
~ The Sage of Shadow ~
#8Rolen74Posted 8/30/2012 8:14:29 PM
CopShow Guy posted...
Rolen74 posted...

After playing an actual PvP game of TF2 for the first time in a while, MvM has made my Spy much worse. I'd stay away from things that make you a worse spy vs people.

That's true for any class. MvM will dumb down your skills no matter what class you play.
---
Milk-a-whaaaaaaaaa!?
#9CopShow GuyPosted 8/30/2012 8:15:38 PM
Made my Demoman pipes more accurate >_>
---
GET AGAINST THE TREE!!!
~ The Sage of Shadow ~
#10King of CatsPosted 8/30/2012 9:08:39 PM
MvM has been doing wonders for my hitscan accuracy.
Normally there's no real way to tell if I actually missed a shot or the netcode is just ****ing with me, but bots are fairly easy to predict and I'm getting better at adjusting my aim for serverside lag.

As for the actual topic, you are upgrading that stat I forget the name of that lets you backstab giant robots or you are wasting space on the team.
Snipers can grant free minicrits and slow with Jarate, so you really need that damage advantage against giant bots to make a strong case for being a Spy in MvM.
---
This world is made of...
LOVE AND PEACE!