This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The Stock Grenade Launcher is an unlockable and Loch N Load is the Stock one.

#1I_hAtE_mOnStErSPosted 9/4/2012 8:35:00 AM
*Imagine a world where nub demos rely on the rollers as a main source of damage*

*People whines and Nade Launcher becomes a crutch*

Why is the Loch N Load a crutch?
#2ImbackhahahahaPosted 9/4/2012 8:36:49 AM
The general thinking of the members of this board is if it is not stock, it is a crutch
---
A_dsouz "How do i know if, say, +4 is significant or not compared to +6."
digitalwill2000 "6 is bigger than 4"
#3arleasPosted 9/4/2012 8:37:14 AM
Why is the Loch N Load a crutch?

Because people are stupid... it's not a crutch... if the grenades exploded on contact with any surface (rather than shattering and disappearing) it would maybe have "crutch" status, but it's actually harder to use it well than the default grenade launcher. I think whomever labeled it as a crutch was just butthurt.
---
http://raptr.com/badge/dc821beb3ce7e522d4d6721ba24c11e0/fs.png
http://i.imgur.com/r5PgL.gif
#4CrystalKing5426Posted 9/4/2012 8:42:18 AM
appartently it's a crutch because the added damage+projectile speed make it really cheap in hallways. I completely suck with the LnL, it's like the Direct Hit but with weaker benefits and worse penatlies. Plus, the GL being the only viable indirect fire weapon in the game is invaluable.
#5tiomastaPosted 9/4/2012 8:46:56 AM(edited)
It's called a crutch because it consistently kills Scouts and stuff in one grenade rather than two, after the buff.

CrystalKing5426 posted...
Plus, the GL being the only viable indirect fire weapon in the game

Stickybombs?
---
There are three types of people in the world: people that can count, and people that can't.
"I hate when someone quotes himself in his sig." -Me
#6riverdudePosted 9/4/2012 8:56:28 AM
This is terrible logic and I'd hate to see pubbies like you always resort to "well what if _______ was the stock and _______ was the unlockable"

The game was built around the stock weapons, and in this example it's way easier for the typical no-skill fatpub to be effective with the basically hitscan loch n load than by using stock rollers

So - coming from someone who is smarter than you and better than you in every single facet of the game - it is a crutch, just like plenty of other weapons. End of discussion.
---
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~RIVERDUDE~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
#7arleasPosted 9/4/2012 9:17:14 AM
it consistently kills Scouts and stuff in one grenade rather than two

And it requires a direct hit to do so.... speaking of direct hits, you know what else kills scouts in one shot? The Direct Hit! Only the Direct hit doesn't penalize you for missing quite as much (it's still a penalty but it's better than zero damage). You know what else the direct hit has? 4 rockets! The LnL only has 2 grenades...

If that's really your reason for thinking of it as a crutch then it sounds to me like you're just mad about being killed by someone with good aim.
---
http://badges.mypersonality.info/badge/0/19/193056.png
http://www.speedtest.net/result/1846063869.png
#8riverdudePosted 9/4/2012 9:24:35 AM
The direct hit has damage falloff you clown
---
#9tiomastaPosted 9/4/2012 9:25:27 AM
I didn't say I was calling it to be a lowly crutch

And even then with the direct hit, it's still an advantage over the default. Needs two shots, now needs one. If we're talking about Scouts, you wouldn't kill one with splash damage alone anyway
---
There are three types of people in the world: people that can count, and people that can't.
"I hate when someone quotes himself in his sig." -Me
#10Darth LennyPosted 9/4/2012 9:26:50 AM
Since it's well established that the truth is the exact opposite of whatever riverdude posts, it can be safely determined that the Loch-n-Load is not a crutch.
---
Sweet Christmas, that's stupid fresh!