This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Minisentry Poll

#11NessInEaglelandPosted 10/3/2012 11:21:46 AM
speaking from only personal experience. I never had any trouble against mini sentries. Not even on scout in Harvest.

Just like any other class with an advantage. If im REALLY getting harassed by a minisentry with one class. Ill switch to another and counter it. No big deal
---
This sig will not change until a new Mother or EarthBound game is released in the USA. Started at 2:48 AM on Saturday, January 28, 2006.
#12Crazy_tank51Posted 10/3/2012 11:29:11 AM
Raise the cost on it a bit and I'll be good. Seriously, I'm sick of breaking one at the expense of most of my health if I'm not soldier/demo/spy only to have one pop up with another 3 seconds!
---
You can solve all problems by bombing them rapidly.
"You will not enjoy that shrimp with sauce while I'm around!"-Drake & Josh
#13NeoSamus12Posted 10/3/2012 11:53:28 AM
-Less/no health regen while constructing
-Making it's sight-line consistent with its model (ie. Shooting through badlands window despite the model's height being too short to shoot through it, none of that crap)

Those are really the only things I think are needed, although I wouldn't mind the following:

-Less range (makes them less potent at locking down Scouts/Pyros/explosive jumpers on open maps)
-Less knockback (see above)
-Slightly less health (So rockets can one-shot them)

Just because Minis are meant to be a distraction, not an actual threat that is as viable at area denial as its big brother against several classes and just as durable as far as Soldier goes.
---
Board 570303- My ASCII.
#14darkservant13Posted 10/3/2012 12:03:35 PM
Dunno why people like using these so much. Sure they might be fun but you know what?

I heard from a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend that a guy went back in time once and asked Hitler what his favorite class would be.

IT WAS THE COMBAT ENGIE.

So I am pretty sure that anyone who enjoys playing combat engineer is secretly Hitler in disguise.

True story.
---
Good news everyone! You are now reading this in my voice.
#15arbingordonPosted 10/3/2012 12:07:25 PM
I think " Deploys at full health and continues to gain health during construction if damaged, making it more difficult to destroy before completion. " makes it just a wee bit overpowered, effortlessly locking out scout play.

At least with regular sentries the engineer has to invest *some* time into building up.
#16arbingordonPosted 10/3/2012 12:10:38 PM
Bassmasta91 posted...
I hate minisentries, but I see the appeal. If it were up to me, I would nerf the gunslinger by either making it so that killing the Engie destroys the minisentry, or that destroying the minisentry causes a small bit of damage to the Engie.

Something like this could work as well.
#17BakedStuffEtcPosted 10/3/2012 12:37:58 PM
- Bring them down to 90 health
- Nerf the Wrangler or simply make minis un-wrangleable

Perfect
---
My opinion is objective fact. If you disagree, well, you're wrong.
#18vidgameking84(Topic Creator)Posted 10/3/2012 2:59:48 PM
Just realized i misstyped the question

It's supposed to say handle, not handing. I'm assuming most of you all figured that out though.
---
aka The Marvelous Breadfish
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Sushimomioma
#19KibagoPosted 10/3/2012 3:04:32 PM
generally people are just whining (like with 90% of things people think are 'broken' - broken means 'use, pick a direct counter or lose'.). but there's a couple levels where they slide into OP. so i'd be fine with making them non-wrangle-able. fits fine for flavor (too small to contain wrangler electronics), fits fine for balance.
---
Leafs / Raptors / Blue Jays / TFC / Argos / Tottenham
#20Uncle_LeroyPosted 10/3/2012 3:05:35 PM
I think a decent nerf would be to just make it so they don't regain health while they're building. It would mean it's not as easy to spam in people's faces, you'd have to be a bit more tactical about when you place them down or just deal with having less powerful of a distraction.
---
NeveroddoreveN
http://steamcommunity.com/id/uncleleroy