This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

who do you hate more: Spy Or Sniper?

#11TimePharaohPosted 11/6/2012 12:35:31 AM
natchu96 posted...
Spies, you can look for them. You can shut them down entirely if you're competent, no matter how good they are. Snipers? You already know he's there. But there's nothing you can do about it. If he's terrible, you're in luck, as that's one less enemy to worry about. If he's good? You can't even walk around a corner without dropping dead anymore.

I vote for Sniper.

That. A good player can make a Spy 100% useless regardless of how good they are. A good sniper will absolutely destroy everyone and be immune to anything except a good sniper on the other team.
---
Sorry everyone, just got home from work and saw my son was posting on my account. So just ignore this topic. Megatron1111
#12MrDeePayPosted 11/6/2012 1:33:34 AM
Snipers? You already know he's there. But there's nothing you can do about it. If he's terrible, you're in luck, as that's one less enemy to worry about.

Terrible Snipers will just settle for doing nothing by bodyshots on you (a majority of my deaths to Snipers recently were due to bodyshotting Machnia users), so they're still annoying.
---
[ This space not for rent. ]
#13natchu96Posted 11/6/2012 1:40:53 AM
MrDeePay posted...
Snipers? You already know he's there. But there's nothing you can do about it. If he's terrible, you're in luck, as that's one less enemy to worry about.

Terrible Snipers will just settle for doing nothing by bodyshots on you (a majority of my deaths to Snipers recently were due to bodyshotting Machnia users), so they're still annoying.

I meant the even worse ones that try to go for headshots even if they know they aren't able to pull it off.
---
Official Lopunny of the Black 2 Boar . . . wait, how did THAT happen?!?
#14WafflesquadPosted 11/6/2012 2:16:18 AM
Both of them are unstoppably deadly in the hands of a skilled player. Sure, you can spycheck. But a really good Spy will still manage to kill your Medics. On the flipside, you can have a Spy or two dedicated to sniper repression, but an aware and skilled Sniper will dispatch them easily.
Also, Spies can't backstab Scouts as long as you're smart enough to avoid them, and a Pyro who knows what he's doing can shut down a few backstab attempts. But Snipers can kill every class at a range, and six of the nine classes can be killed with an uncharged headshot. And there's really no way, short of taking the bullet yourself, that you can stop your Medic from being sniped.
So ultimately... I'm going to go with Sniper.
---
Currently playing- I Doubt Anyone Cares What I Play
Not changing this sig until Video Game Release Date
#15I_hAtE_mOnStErSPosted 11/6/2012 2:51:22 AM
Spy because if I get stabbed by one means I fail at basic TF2 rules. If I get headshotted by a Sniper it means he's skilled or I moved in a predictable path.
#16Oil_Rope_BombsPosted 11/6/2012 3:17:56 AM
Spies. It's annoying to constantly spycheck, since they interfere all the time.

I love snipers. Tauntkilling them is so much fun.
---
Previously known as Oil_rope_bombs.
http://i.imgur.com/mLCkc.png
#17yakkacruzPosted 11/6/2012 7:56:51 AM
Even the best Spies are rendered useless with good spychecking and an aware team

lol no
---
You must be the change you want to see in the world ~ Gandhi
#18AzardeaPosted 11/6/2012 8:10:19 AM
Facestabs. Facestabs everywhere. F***ing hate spies...
---
i5 2500k | GTX 560Ti | 1Tb HDD | 8Gb DDR3
#1927th_wonderPosted 11/6/2012 8:13:13 AM(edited)
I personally hate spys more than snipers, because why I admit good spys do have skill, there's little you could have done to prevent being killed by a backstab

most snipers will lock-on to you if you stand still for more than 3 seconds, and when ever I've been killed by a sniper it's because I've been focusing on other things/not moving enough, especially after I've been killed once by him

I hate myself more than the snipers, for making those little mistakes that get me killed
---
Friendship is magic and has pop-culture references.
now on steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/thisURLwasfree
#20GaMeKzwner101Posted 11/6/2012 8:22:02 AM
spy because its far easier to be good at spy than it is to be good at sniper, therefore theres a lot more people walking up behind me and left clicking than people shooting me in the head.
---
I changed this because of Skyrim