This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

God, I hate it when people say "Offers please"

#1Oil_Rope_BombsPosted 11/19/2012 2:05:36 AM
Might as well say "Hey guys, I have a set price in mind but I'm trying to make someone pay higher than it!".
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_Z2GMVziOE
http://i.imgur.com/mLCkc.png
#2SeraphilPosted 11/19/2012 2:12:56 AM
It's kinda half and half. Sometimes people(like me) are looking to see if someone might offer an item we were planning to buy, which saves us the trouble of finding a good seller.

But yeah, a lot of people do it for the reason you say.
---
Current Steam Name: Deadman Walking
~The red signal flare rises like blood of a cursed world; It dyes my heart as we're the laughing fallen~
#3AdmiralDigglerPosted 11/19/2012 2:14:37 AM
Why would you ever negotiate a trade with a tf2 person. They're shoes.
---
The walked in was......................Marise Krismas!
Get in the bin.
#4TBW4EverPosted 11/19/2012 2:40:19 AM
I usually say it if I'm willing to move down or maybe if they're willing to present an item that piques my interest I won't mind taking it as full/partial payment.
#5DaveridsPosted 11/19/2012 8:06:55 AM
I just do that for offers in items.
---
Changing this when Golden Sun 4 comes out.
FIGHT, MEGAMAN! FOR EVERLASTING POSTS!
#6halomonkey1_3_5Posted 11/19/2012 8:24:10 AM
"selling *item*(worth 3 keys) taking offers"

"dirty machina and a rec"

"no"

"*craft hat* and a key"

"no"

"3 keys?"

"lmao keep lowballing scrubs"

"3 keys and a dirty Team Captain?"

"add me"
---
Billy Mays: July 20, 1958 - June 28, 2009
The Greatest
#7EkaSwedePosted 11/19/2012 8:30:33 AM
I have a large problem with people putting high value hats and offers to buy them for a refined, calling them craft hats.

Outpost makes me so mad sometimes. The only consolation is that some spammy individuals get themselves banned for doing this.
---
I am lefthanded, right? No thats Left! Anyone Left? No everyone's Right! It's to the Right! No that's Wrong! - Me
#8jkjklklPosted 11/19/2012 8:43:57 AM
The only time I ask for "offers" is when someone randomly asks to buy something I'm not actively selling. What the vast majority of them refuse to understand is that if I'm not actively selling it, then I must like it, and if I like it, I'd have to replace it if I sell it, so you had better make me a hell of an offer so that my time isn't wasted replacing it.

I also get annoyed at people who "buy quicksells". What I really don't understand though, is why people would even sell to those individuals. You can get a fair price easily just by using the search function on Outpost
---
http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll2/jkjklkl/Cool/f6b07f5beda303d7.gif
#9EkaSwedePosted 11/19/2012 8:47:53 AM(edited)
jkjklkl posted...
The only time I ask for "offers" is when someone randomly asks to buy something I'm not actively selling. What the vast majority of them refuse to understand is that if I'm not actively selling it, then I must like it, and if I like it, I'd have to replace it if I sell it, so you had better make me a hell of an offer so that my time isn't wasted replacing it.

I also get annoyed at people who "buy quicksells". What I really don't understand though, is why people would even sell to those individuals. You can get a fair price easily just by using the search function on Outpost

The problem is the brain lethargic individuals who lists ALL HATS buying them for 1 ref seem to clog up the site. Why people even "+rep" them I don't know.

Now, keep in mind I have less problem with people offering 1 to 1,22 ref for hats that are in th 1,33 value. It's when the "Team Captain and All Father is craft hat" idiocy that ticks me off.
---
I am lefthanded, right? No thats Left! Anyone Left? No everyone's Right! It's to the Right! No that's Wrong! - Me
#10yakkacruzPosted 11/19/2012 8:55:11 AM
I just hate how legions are trying to buy Airborne Enemies Killed for 2ref, while the sellers are trying to sell it for 2-3.5 keys
---
You must be the change you want to see in the world ~ Gandhi