This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

And people say the pyro has no reach with the flamethrower

#11DorePosted 11/19/2012 6:09:52 PM
Oi, totally forgot about Payload maps. Good catch.

You know, I honestly don't think I've ever actually played Egypt. I've SEEN it played, but never actually gotten onto a server. You think I would have.
---
Go Team Venture!
#12halomonkey1_3_5Posted 11/19/2012 6:18:20 PM
Egypt is simultaneously a great and awful map, IMO.

i love the idea of playing it, but every time i do, i wind up disliking it.
---
Billy Mays: July 20, 1958 - June 28, 2009
The Greatest
#13NeoSamus12Posted 11/19/2012 6:30:48 PM
Actually, Dustbowl, Egypt, Hydro (randomizedish), Gold Rush, Hoodoo, Pipeline, and Thunder Mountain all involve multiple rounds/submaps on their respective maps.

You forgot plr_Nightfall. Which is completely understandable.
---
Board 570303- My ASCII.
#14SamStone22Posted 11/19/2012 10:15:27 PM
Oi, totally forgot about Payload maps. Good catch.

You know, I honestly don't think I've ever actually played Egypt. I've SEEN it played, but never actually gotten onto a server. You think I would have.

You're not missing out on much.
---
I make a topic in Final Fantasy 12 to ask if Tifa! They said no Tifa. Hardness gone!-gandob
#15SlinkyDevoteePosted 11/19/2012 10:32:57 PM
It's a little bit....extremely stupid that the defending team gets crazy high ground advantage forever. I mean in Egypt.
#16DorePosted 11/19/2012 10:34:50 PM
SlinkyDevotee posted...
It's a little bit....extremely stupid that the defending team gets crazy high ground advantage forever. I mean in Egypt.

That's the way most attack/defend maps are, though. Blu is supposed to have a seriously hard time taking the points. It's why I really only like to defend on a/d maps, honestly, unless you've got a REALLY good coordinated team.
---
Go Team Venture!
#17halomonkey1_3_5Posted 11/20/2012 5:56:37 AM
the only thing i dislike about defending is when you start having to deal with demospam

but really thats a problem with the whole game
---
Billy Mays: July 20, 1958 - June 28, 2009
The Greatest
#18natchu96Posted 11/20/2012 6:48:02 AM
Dore posted...
SlinkyDevotee posted...

That's the way most attack/defend maps are, though. Blu is supposed to have a seriously hard time taking the points. It's why I really only like to defend on a/d maps, honestly, unless you've got a REALLY good coordinated team.

At least it's not Dustbowl 3, where they can run out of a relatively small spawn room, turn 90 degrees, and instantly start firing at people again.
---
Official Lopunny of the Black 2 Boar . . . wait, how did THAT happen?!?
#19ArtificiAIPosted 11/22/2012 5:50:45 AM
You get like 20 mins in Dustbowl 3 (O_O)
---
Always Sleepy *Yawn*
#20DorePosted 11/22/2012 8:48:23 AM
natchu96 posted...
Dore posted...
SlinkyDevotee posted...

At least it's not Dustbowl 3, where they can run out of a relatively small spawn room, turn 90 degrees, and instantly start firing at people again.

DB3 is supposed to be the single hardest point cap in the entire game, and it is. With only 2 approaches to the point, one a SEVERE bottleneck most of the way, and the other easily guarded, if you're not coordinated, you're not taking that point. But, if you take out most of the defenders, their respawn time will allow for an easy cap, and I've personally Spy and Scout capped that final point by myself (it's amazing how quickly they forget that scout that just Bonked by the entire defending team, and then you can just wait under the bridge till the first point starts to capture).
---
Go Team Venture!