This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why are lotus/skial servers bad and why does no one play anything else?

#11asdfggghh1Posted 11/28/2012 6:53:45 PM
SlinkyDevotee posted...
God, I hate when people use "tryhard" as some kind of insult.

Am I supposed to...play worse than I am able to play just to please you?

No, that's not what I'm saying, but when you see three people going HeavyPan and you choose to do nothing but minigun...fun has an odd definition in your mind.

Or when you call the Spycrab a retard after everyone on the server is directly talking about the Spycrab and how you don't kill Spycrabs.

I don't care if you're pub stomping, I can do it fairly handily at times myself, but when you have 200 hours clocked in a month and they're all you rampaging on these servers...I question your judgment.
---
My balls do not blend.
#12TuohPosted 11/28/2012 7:17:38 PM
Gotta agree there. I really hate people who go around simply killing players trying to have fun.

If im Pow Ha Ha Mittens Hoofy, at LEAST put away your gun.
---
There was a sig here, but it got taken down. That's GameFAQs.
#13AdmiralDigglerPosted 11/28/2012 7:20:38 PM
Scratch that, Rijno chips in to help fund them sometimes. TEN DOLLAR BILL.
---
The walked in was......................Marise Krismas!
Get in the bin.
#14ZapYourChannelPosted 11/28/2012 9:19:24 PM
CaioNV posted...
Some Skial servers only have very good people on them.
I don't know about Lotus, tough.

My impression from playing on Lotus servers in the past
If you're not a regular, and you dominate the wrong person, you can easily get a votekick started against you. No one will even bother speccing you.

The reason I prefer Skial servers is that most hackusations there are either laughed at, or being deliberately ironic.

Maybe I just had a bad experience with Lotus but I don't really see a need to give them a second chance.
#15ImbackhahahahaPosted 11/28/2012 9:26:34 PM
CaioNV posted...
Some Skial servers only have very good people on them.
I don't know about Lotus, tough.

My impression from playing on Lotus servers in the past
If you're not a regular, and you dominate the wrong person, you can easily get a votekick started against you. No one will even bother speccing you.

The reason I prefer Skial servers is that most hackusations there are either laughed at, or being deliberately ironic.

Maybe I just had a bad experience with Lotus but I don't really see a need to give them a second chance.

Lotus is the bottom of the barrel without a doubt. I have never played a lotus server and had fun. I have a Skial 24/7 Degroot sever in my favorites. It is a fun server as often times, people will just call out random things for people to do. Everyone went mittens heavy one round while in another, we all played as SVF Pyros. Skial has some great servers that are just for fun. Lotus servers are for people who take the game way too seriously and are not very good.
---
"When Jesus pilots little boys that priests molest as his armor to bring about punishment for our sins, I'll convert to Christianity." -jowephocks
#16Jo145Posted 11/28/2012 9:28:01 PM
Coming from someone's who relatively bad at this game, and recently started playing on Skial east coast servers a lot... some players are almost impossible to beat. They're almost like pub stars like STAR or IcyToonie. And plenty of Hale's Own weapons with like 15,000 kills.

Makes me wonder why they bother going on these servers. Just go play competitive, or something heh.
---
"Hey sidewalk, get outta my way!"
Your Big Horse: Animosity is a Clearly Described Phenomena
#17SuperDS22Posted 11/28/2012 9:37:44 PM
Jo145 posted...
Coming from someone's who relatively bad at this game, and recently started playing on Skial east coast servers a lot... some players are almost impossible to beat. They're almost like pub stars like STAR or IcyToonie. And plenty of Hale's Own weapons with like 15,000 kills.

Makes me wonder why they bother going on these servers. Just go play competitive, or something heh.

You probably went into pub stomping territory. Funny thing is that pub stompers won't even touch Lotus unless they are regulars there.
---
If you allow spawn camping, you deserve it. - SuperDS64
#18KibagoPosted 11/28/2012 9:40:24 PM
lotus is bad. skial's the best quality of all the major pubs - games with 7+ players with unusuals aren't rare at all.
---
Leafs / Raptors / Blue Jays / TFC / Argos / Tottenham
AA NINJA
#19DeIuxePosted 11/28/2012 11:51:54 PM
Kibago posted...
lotus is bad. skial's the best quality of all the major pubs - games with 7+ players with unusuals aren't rare at all.

TIL unusuals = skill
#20MasterEchuPosted 11/29/2012 12:24:07 AM
Well, lotus and nightteam servers are hated because they have one thing. Donation cheats. No, not the end round immunities and minor slot reservation, were talking full on god mode, invisiblity, moon physics, ect, 'donor bonuses' which are as bad as legal hacking.

I've never seen any skial hate myself, and unlike valve servers which have bad hardware running them(bare minimum), skials pretty reliable fomr my experience
---
Morality is not fleeting, games or alternate realities will not change what is right and wrong if you reallly belive in them.
Yes my spelling stinks, quiet!