This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

New Blog Post - First Wave of Hats to be Retired

#31VycoulPosted 1/10/2013 3:35:21 PM
Gaben, why must thou decree such a calamity to fall upon us?
---
Thank God for inner monologue. ~ Miles Edgeworth
#32Spider5800Posted 1/10/2013 3:50:36 PM
Zerdark posted...
Spider5800 posted...
That's an interesting approch. Take some of the most common, least desireable craft hats and limit the supply.

Couple of things could happen here:
As extremely common and rarely sought-after items, the price remains pretty steady, perhaps slowly rising over time as the supply is crafted and traded into a smaller available pool.

Or, sadly more likely, people go into an insane buying frenzy, artificially inflating the price despite there not really being an increased demand for them (see: BMOC).

Gonna be interesting to see how this goes.

I said it first! If this is what transpires, you better give me credit for it, cause I said it first! Wait, it's not like I get anything for it...Well I still said it first!
((What is this, a YouTube comment?!))

Hey now, you said if they went on the buying frenzy the price would eventually drop back down, as they'd have all these hats no one wants that they wanna sell fast.

I don't think the price will drop if they do this. Experience tells me traders will just sit on the damn things or craft them away until they ARE worth something. They're virtual items, they don't take much space and they don't expire. People can afford to wait (again, big if here, as it assumes they will try to force value on otherwise cheap items).
---
The big brain am winning again! I am the greetest! Now I am leaving Earth for no raisin!
#33HexenGuyPosted 1/10/2013 4:19:50 PM
The most interesting part about this is the fact that there will be no way to get an unusual version of the hat, making current unusual of those incredible overpriced now. I don't see vintages going up in price because its not like the vintage hats changed in number or anything, if anything, itll go up in price "just because".
#34jakethenoobPosted 1/10/2013 4:34:33 PM
TropicMoon10 posted...
Out of all of them, I only really like the Fedora - and I already have it. Weee.

Yeah I bet my black Vintage one is going to be worth quite a bit now.
---
Game collection: http://postimage.org/gallery/1tqkmeku/
#35MC_BatCommanderPosted 1/10/2013 5:19:00 PM
I guess Valve is experimenting with causing inflation on item values.
---
>>>>>
#36ProbesInRobesPosted 1/10/2013 5:34:37 PM
Oh outpost...
#37XDummyXPosted 1/10/2013 5:44:06 PM
f****ing lame.

GG on that weapon balance valve.
---
Every 3D Sonic game is definitively garbage.
~~~~~~From Zanzibar with Love~~~~~~
#38MettanAtemPosted 1/10/2013 5:59:58 PM
I don't care. I already have my Trophy Belt, and I'm happy.
#39Sonorous_Jon1S8Posted 1/10/2013 6:25:18 PM(edited)
The middle finger of valve updates. At least when they release broken weapons i can believe they werent intentionally trying to screw the userbase. Guess im never gonna get that belt and fro at a reasonable price now considering theyre already being horded in prepartaion for mass price bump. I'm mad.

u 2 valve
www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPCiW2xFKf4#t=9s
#40Board_hunter567Posted 1/10/2013 6:29:49 PM(edited)
Oh Valve, you and your funny hats and completely transparent cash grabs.

But seriously, this is really poor form.