This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Servers with class limits...

#1Nomadic ViewPosted 1/21/2013 9:28:55 AM
It's a concept I can stand behind, but not in its current form. No team needs 3 spies, but I'd rather there be 2 lousy spies and one good one, than being forced to play a team where it is impossible to sap the other team's sentry because the two people at the bottom of the chart have a combined total of 3 points, and they're both spies...

The player with the higher score should get to play as the class he wants. The low score loser player can either:

1) Play better, so he doesn't get kicked off his class
2) Play another class
3) Curse another server with his presence

There have been so many instances where my team lost because the vital classes were occupied by inadequate players. The skill classes should be reserved for those that have he skill to play them. Noobs just need to stick to demospamming.
---
{}\\{}(o){}\\//{}//=\\{})){}(< \\//{}{{-{}//\\{}
#2MoparMan94_2Posted 1/21/2013 9:40:00 AM
Servers with class limits are like playing amateur 9s. They're very educational as to what a class should be doing, and how other players recognize how it should be done.

Except it's not getting done, because you're playing with morons. Try a different server.
---
Official Runaway of the Monster Hunter Boards
http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/8619/2204355.swf
#3TheFabulousRBKPosted 1/21/2013 9:40:01 AM
Nomadic View posted...
It's a concept I can stand behind, but not in its current form. No team needs 3 spies, but I'd rather there be 2 lousy spies and one good one, than being forced to play a team where it is impossible to sap the other team's sentry because the two people at the bottom of the chart have a combined total of 3 points, and they're both spies...

The player with the higher score should get to play as the class he wants. The low score loser player can either:

1) Play better, so he doesn't get kicked off his class
2) Play another class
3) Curse another server with his presence

There have been so many instances where my team lost because the vital classes were occupied by inadequate players. The skill classes should be reserved for those that have he skill to play them. Noobs just need to stick to demospamming.

ITT: we cry about F2P people in the most round-about ways possible.
---
GT: Chrysalis tCQ
#4Falco_TaverenPosted 1/21/2013 9:52:18 AM
Playing 9s is like playing amateur 6s
---
steamcommunity.com/id/j1mbosl1ce
pronounced: jih-wun-umm-bo-sluh-wunce
#5CaioNVPosted 1/21/2013 10:11:26 AM
Falco_Taveren posted...
Playing 9s is like playing amateur 6s

But, butbutbut... expect for the Medic and the Demoman, the classes all do different jobs!!!
---
Let's Blocking:
http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj88/Debug_Mode/sf3_2.png
#6Mitsurugi2584Posted 1/21/2013 10:12:31 AM
The player with the higher score should get to play as the class he wants. The low score loser player can either

That wouldn't work, the best spy player ever could join and then he couldn't play as spy because there's already two and he has no score.

There have been so many instances where my team lost because the vital classes were occupied by inadequate players.

Too bad the "vital classes" never have a class limit, you can have as many Medics, Demos, Soldiers, Scouts as you want. I hate to break it to you but Sniper and (especially) Spies are hardly if ever "vital".
---
Talk to Mitsy, he can tell you a lot about "sammiches".
-CIWBLUE-
#7halomonkey1_3_5Posted 1/21/2013 10:27:31 AM
Mitsurugi2584 posted...
Too bad the "vital classes" never have a class limit, you can have as many Medics, Demos, Soldiers, Scouts as you want. I hate to break it to you but Sniper and (especially) Spies are hardly if ever "vital".

in pubs a good sniper is godlike
---
Billy Mays: July 20, 1958 - June 28, 2009
The Greatest
#8Nomadic View(Topic Creator)Posted 1/21/2013 3:11:38 PM
Mitsurugi2584 posted...
The player with the higher score should get to play as the class he wants. The low score loser player can either

That wouldn't work, the best spy player ever could join and then he couldn't play as spy because there's already two and he has no score.

There have been so many instances where my team lost because the vital classes were occupied by inadequate players.

Part 1) How is that different than it is now? Only with this method he has the opportunity to get on his class. And as the best spy player in the world, it's safe to say he will be able to surpass the crappy spies as any class.

Part 2) Vital classes such as engineers. If the engineers are setting up somewhere stupid with their sentry pointed at a wall, and a skilled player could handle the situation better, let him be the engineer. Spies can be vital for pushes as well, C&D spies that camp a corner waiting for a heavy to walk by are wasting the space that an aggressive spy could use to destroy a sentry nest.
---
{}\\{}(o){}\\//{}//=\\{})){}(< \\//{}{{-{}//\\{}