This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Engineer - Shotgun vs. Rescue Ranger

#11GeneralFoxPosted 1/22/2013 5:21:23 PM(edited)
Sonorous_Jon1S8 posted...
Shotgun, barely, because i enjoy killing people with it. (for every class that gets one)

The Rescue Ranger is really fun though and what im using now. (with the exception of gunslinger loadout)

I'd laugh if I saw Engineer's using it with their mini sentries... Has anyone come a crossed anyone doing that yet?

I also want to mention though, that the Rescue Ranger is pretty **** godly in Mann vs Machine from what I've seen.

---
~Stargazer
http://m.kotaku.com/5964739/the-herd-outsiders-guide-to-the-brony-phenomenon ~ understanding the Brony Phenomenom Kotaku
#12treez_123Posted 1/22/2013 5:25:22 PM
rescue ranger is probably one of the best weapons for the engie in mvm

makes dealing with sentry busters so much easier

in regular game modes though, i prefer the vanilla shotty. the ranger is poop at dealing with spies
---
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197965186478
tf2 backpack : http://tf2b.com/?id=76561197965186478
#13JDM_JevPosted 1/22/2013 5:31:53 PM
Shotgun. The RR is only good for distance repairs, the long-range grab metal cost + mark for death make me rarely if ever use it. Might nab my sentry once to save it from a cluster of stickybombs, then never use it again for the rest of the round. Ubers usually chase you down since you're marked anyway.

GeneralFox posted...
Sonorous_Jon1S8 posted...
Shotgun, barely, because i enjoy killing people with it. (for every class that gets one)

The Rescue Ranger is really fun though and what im using now. (with the exception of gunslinger loadout)

I'd laugh if I saw Engineer's using it with their mini sentries... Has anyone come a crossed anyone doing that yet?

I've run across a few. Seen more people running it with the gunslinger than default wrenches.

And I've seen them all firing at it attempting to repair it at one time or another...
---
They've taken something that five-year-old girls absolutely love and turned it into a trashcan child predator recruitment tool. ~riverdude
#14MasterEchuPosted 1/22/2013 6:10:10 PM
I gotta give it to the shotgun, the emergency where it would even be useful, is just not gonna happen often, and in those emergencies your likely to be under fire, or in danger, where mark and speed drop will kill you, not to mention the metal cost means 1 shot, so you cant drop it to defend yourself and them move again, making you extremely vulnerable to the scout and spy
---
Morality is not fleeting, games or alternate realities will not change what is right and wrong if you reallly belive in them.
Yes my spelling stinks, quiet!
#15natchu96Posted 1/22/2013 7:03:31 PM
I've saved a few sentries scattered around at last on Attack/Defend with the RR after their engies go down to the headshot or leave for metal.

It also makes it easier than before to take the high ground at Egypt, if you know what I mean.
---
Official Lopunny of the Black 2 Boar . . . wait, how did THAT happen?!?
#16spaceminer93Posted 1/22/2013 7:36:50 PM
the Ranger's alright, I've tried both, but the Shotgun's extra damage potential and ammo win out every time, plus the mark for death thing makes it almost a death sentence for me in MvM
---
"Snipin's a good job, mate" -The Sniper
#17natchu96Posted 1/22/2013 7:47:45 PM
spaceminer93 posted...
the Ranger's alright, I've tried both, but the Shotgun's extra damage potential and ammo win out every time, plus the mark for death thing makes it almost a death sentence for me in MvM

So a weapon designed to let you do your job from farther away out of the usual lethal damage range somehow gives you problems with taking damage when you shouldn't be in range?
---
Official Lopunny of the Black 2 Boar . . . wait, how did THAT happen?!?
#18CopShow GuyPosted 1/22/2013 8:20:33 PM
Rescue Ranger is great in MvM. Normal shotgun is better in PvP.
---
GET AGAINST THE TREE!!!
~ The Sage of Shadow ~
#19Board_hunter567Posted 1/23/2013 9:19:04 AM
Both call for separate play styles.

But I'd have to say shotgun is generally an all-around good weapon in most situations.