This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Least useful weapons for MvM

#1Jo145Posted 2/3/2013 4:26:40 PM
Overall:
Scout:
Baby Face's Blaster (you need to jump)
Winger/Flying Guillotine (Crit-A-Cola has some use with crit resistance to my experience, pretty sure it works)
Sun-on-a-Stick if no Pyro. Otherwise probably Bat. Or Wrap Assassin. If only if could mark for death like the Sandman...

Soldier:
Rocket Jumper if not using Bison, otherwise Liberty Launcher. Cow Mangler has some use since it can get mini-crit boosted.
Mantreads/Reserve Shooter, really now
Pain Train (see Demoman)

Pyro:
Tough one... I'd say Degreaser, faster weapon switch is not needed at all. Phlog destroys Tanks and Giant Medics, and is great for crowd control with the crits. Same with Backburner.
Reserve Shooter
Fire Axe

Demoman:
Booties in general, could be used if Stickys are main weapon
Sticky Jumper, unless you're using primary as main weapon.
Pain Train, literally no use at all other than a self-imposed challenge.

Heavy:
Tomislav, Huo-Long Heater if not with a Dispenser
Buffalo Steak Sandvich, though can be fun with crit resistance
Holiday Punch or Eviction Notice, as much as I love them

For Engineer:
Pomson 6000, most robot Medics build Uber too quickly.
Short Circuit, simply too much spam
Southern Hospitality, Eureka Effect gives free metal at least, SH has no use with bleed, plus unneed fire vulnerability.

Medic:
Depends... Blutsauger I'd say unless you're a Battle Medic (lol)
None, but closest is Quick-Fix
Bonesaw

For Sniper:
Huntsman, now that Skewer got nerfed
Razorback, since Spies usually appear in big groups and only in certain waves
Tribalman's Shiv, no real point for bleed here.

For Spy:
Diamondback, only useful at all in Mecha-Engine
Clock and Dagger, no point to camp since robots are always fooled by disguises unless you screw up
Your Eternal Reward, a big no-no

Do you agree with most of these?
---
"Hey sidewalk, get outta my way!"
Your Big Horse: Animosity is a Clearly Described Phenomena
#2rampardosrulesPosted 2/3/2013 4:37:22 PM
Degreaser is still WAY more useful than the Backburner, although I will agree that the stock/Rainblower is the best for MvM. And the fact that the damage done to the tank now fills up the "MMPH" bar is the only thing that justifies using the Phlog, so, don't act like that weapon is not hanging by a thread.
Also, you lose 50 internets for not mentioning the Sharpened Volcano Fragment.

Dead Ringer is what makes Spy even halfway playable in MvM so you can add the IW to that list.

Anything but the GRU is basically useless for MvM since you'll be busy firing your Minigun 98% of the time.

The Pistol for both classes and the Shotgun for every class. Yes, including Engie, since you got the Frontier Justice and the Rescue Ranger.
---
"Gosto de todos, menos do Ramiro, que e repetente"
- Bruno Aleixo
#3AeonRiderPosted 2/3/2013 4:42:49 PM(edited)
I came into this thread expecting to start a massive debate. I think your list isn't bad except for one.

The stock Shotgun is probably worse than the Pomson 6000. As an Engineer, you shouldn't really be shooting using your primary weapon. At least with the Pomson 6000 you can chase after Uber Medics that may have slipped passed your defences without risk of triggering their Ubers..

Also, I agree that the Backburner is worse than the Degreaser for the reasons posted above.
---
3DS: 2406-5149-2511
#4Oil_Rope_BombsPosted 2/3/2013 4:43:10 PM
From: rampardosrules | Posted: 2/3/2013 3:37:22 PM | #002
Degreaser is still WAY more useful than the Backburner

hahahahhahaha
---
http://i.imgur.com/mLCkc.png
#5rampardosrulesPosted 2/3/2013 4:46:55 PM
Oil_Rope_Bombs posted...

hahahahhahaha

Well, if you like wasting 50 ammo per airblast and going W+M1 on robots and eighter dying or ending up wasting all your money on Uber canteens, then I guess that's pretty funny.
---
- Bruno Aleixo
#6CaioNVPosted 2/3/2013 5:05:34 PM
rampardosrules posted...
Oil_Rope_Bombs posted...

hahahahhahaha

Well, if you like wasting 50 ammo per airblast and going W+M1 on robots and eighter dying or ending up wasting all your money on Uber canteens, then I guess that's pretty funny.

Robots literally walk on a pre-set path, in a straight line looking at one direction. Easy to get the Backbuner's crits, you need half a brain. Yes, still inferior to the Stock Flamethrower, sometimes you will need major Airblast spam if the Robots are deploying the bomb, but the Degreaser's lost damage is a bigger downside than 30 less ammo per Airblast.
---
Let's Blocking:
http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj88/Debug_Mode/sf3_2.png
#7KibagoPosted 2/3/2013 5:27:47 PM
the Degreaser has no MVM use because it's insane to pick it over stock. Backburner is a legitimate sidegrade in MVM, especially if you prioritize ammo collection early.
---
Leafs / Raptors / Blue Jays / TFC / Argos / Tottenham
AA NINJA
#8Oil_Rope_BombsPosted 2/3/2013 5:49:30 PM
From: rampardosrules | Posted: 2/3/2013 3:46:55 PM | #005
Oil_Rope_Bombs posted...

hahahahhahaha

Not a huge problem when you can easily get ammo upgrades. Why would you need faster switch speed, anyway? You're not gonna airblast that random scout bot, ignite him, and then hit him with your axtinguisher to show your 1337 skills to anybody.
---
http://i.imgur.com/mLCkc.png
#9rampardosrulesPosted 2/3/2013 6:02:45 PM
You do have a good point. I guess I just overlooked the Backburner.
---
- Bruno Aleixo
#10NeoconkersPosted 2/5/2013 3:13:41 PM
still think the stock flamethrower is the best mvm pyro weapon
---
Girls = Time x Money. Time = Money. Girls = Money x Money = Money sq.
Money = sqrt Evil: Girls = sqrt Evil sq. Girls = Evil