This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Vote for Heavy on the poll !!!

#11DaveridsPosted 7/16/2013 12:33:33 PM
And that's his entire backstory in a paragraph!
---
Changing this when Golden Sun 4 comes out.
FIGHT, MEGAMAN! FOR EVERLASTING POSTS!
#12HozamaPosted 7/16/2013 1:01:14 PM
It was his bad luck to be against The Boss. Her character is both incredibly bad ass (breaking poor Snake is half and single handidly controlling an army oh phychopaths), but also incredibly tragic. He doesn't stand a chance in battle, character and apparently popularity.
---
MH3U: Solame
Wii U ID: McSpace
#13DarmokAndJaladPosted 7/16/2013 1:40:58 PM
I don't recognize those other two characters because I haven't bought a console since the N64. I became part of the glorious PC gaming master race around 2000 and have never looked back.

Also, asdfggghh1 pretty much just proved my point, I've been playing TF2 for close to 4 years now and I didn't know any of that stuff. I'd be willing to bet that 99% of the community doesn't know any of that stuff either, because TF2 is a multiplayer shooter and the backstory of each mercenary is completely irrelevant.
#14rampardosrulesPosted 7/16/2013 2:10:28 PM
asdfggghh1 posted...
DarmokAndJalad posted...
No one who hasn't been playing TF2 for years is likely to know anything about his 'backstory' (of which there is essentially none anyway)

He is from Russia, where he grew up in a gulag, learn to box and train for war. He had a soft side, apparent in his stories of playing with birds and tenderly burying said birds when other children at the shot or threw knives at them. He broke his family out of this gulag.
He like red-haired women.
He has nightmares of the men he's killed, and knows that every time he does so, a father doesn't come and this is what gives him the remorse nightmares.
He has an absolute disdain for the Spy.
He has a PhD in Russian Literature.

And that's not even the most important stuff. What really makes the TF2 characters are the delightful pieces of dialogue. And Heavy's the best example of that. His love for his weapons and for using them to shred through "cowards" and "babies", plues the perfect mixture of terrifying and silly make the Heavy a fantastic character.
---
"Gosto de todos, menos do Ramiro, que e repetente"
- Bruno Aleixo
#15minjonator1234Posted 7/16/2013 2:38:10 PM
Neoconkers posted...
do you think if heavy undid his top to show some cleavage he'd be winning?

Winrar for shur
---
Team Fortress 2, the only thing that has an economy worse than America's
''Wake me up when the Wii U causes cancer in 99% of people who drink it'' -Spillard
#16Oil_Rope_BombsPosted 7/16/2013 3:27:10 PM
rampardosrules posted...
asdfggghh1 posted...
DarmokAndJalad posted...
No one who hasn't been playing TF2 for years is likely to know anything about his 'backstory' (of which there is essentially none anyway)

He is from Russia, where he grew up in a gulag, learn to box and train for war. He had a soft side, apparent in his stories of playing with birds and tenderly burying said birds when other children at the shot or threw knives at them. He broke his family out of this gulag.
He like red-haired women.
He has nightmares of the men he's killed, and knows that every time he does so, a father doesn't come and this is what gives him the remorse nightmares.
He has an absolute disdain for the Spy.
He has a PhD in Russian Literature.

And that's not even the most important stuff. What really makes the TF2 characters are the delightful pieces of dialogue. And Heavy's the best example of that. His love for his weapons and for using them to shred through "cowards" and "babies", plues the perfect mixture of terrifying and silly make the Heavy a fantastic character.

Well said m8
---
"It's just like, dude, I was cruisin' the galaxy, you know, in this totally tubular, space-van, searching for the best cosmic waves man."
#17TectonicImprovPosted 7/16/2013 7:43:08 PM
Neoconkers posted...
do you think if heavy undid his top to show some cleavage he'd be winning?

Please tell me for the love of god you are not dissing the Boss.
---
Yo yo yo 1 4 8 3 to the 3 6 to the 9, representing the ABQ. What up, ******!
Majora's Mask is overrated. People who agree: 26 (PM your opinion, good, or bad.)