This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Playing on Valve servers is SO MUCH FUN.

#11qwerty107Posted 2/20/2014 8:28:27 AM
Luigiman59 posted...
Most Valve servers I play on have at least 2-3 good-decent players

---
All we need is a little less tragedy. - All We Need by Pennywise
#12StaticnovaPosted 2/20/2014 9:08:32 AM(edited)
Luigiman59 posted...

This is almost always the case, I find. You get these weird stages of competence in Valve servers.

- The guys at the top (usually 2 or 3 of them) are stomping consistently.
- Then in the middle you have the guys that simply understand what they're supposed to do. They attack the guys wearing a different colour and help with the objective. They might not have the best movement or aim, but they get along.
- Then you have the guys consistently at the bottom, barely scraping a couple of points each round (maybe). These are the guys who appear to be playing with their feet. They'll walk into stuff, turn like a turtle, shoot stacks of tires and stare at things in the environment as if to say "What the...what is this? Where am I?"

It's quite bizarre.

By the way, just a quick note: saying that it's fun to own a bunch of bad players isn't the same as saying "I'm an awesome player."
---
The sleep of reason brings forth monsters.
#13NME_EnterprisesPosted 2/20/2014 9:09:19 AM
qwerty107 posted...
Luigiman59 posted...

pretty much for this

of course this is offset by those people on your team like those soldiers that just run and shoot straight at nothing, or the heavies that rev their minigun all the way from spawn
---
People who've needed "a monstah to clobbah dat dere Kirbeh!": 137
http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/15/heartscream2.jpg
#14MoparMan94_2Posted 2/20/2014 5:35:16 PM
Valve servers haven't had playable ping for the entire East coast for a week.
---
---
---
#15DarkThespianPosted 2/20/2014 6:02:02 PM
Speak for yourself...I'm getting ping consistently lower than 40
---
if I feel like saying something unique, it'll go here
#16Squid7777Posted 2/20/2014 7:45:33 PM
Staticnova posted...
Then you have the guys consistently at the bottom, barely scraping a couple of points each round (maybe). These are the guys who appear to be playing with their feet. They'll walk into stuff, turn like a turtle, shoot stacks of tires and stare at things in the environment as if to say "What the...what is this? Where am I?"

^ LOL! I hate it when they are all on your team, and the only other good players are all on the other team though.
---
"That's the way real men do it. They fire hadokens, suplex trains, and eat Ultima for breakfast. Sabin for Emperor 2013." NovaLevossida
#17Lazy_HaarPosted 2/21/2014 2:08:00 AM
I've noticed that Valve servers are often half full of players with 150+ ping, which usually ruins my fun. I thought matchmaking was supposed to put you in nearby servers, not ones on the other side of the world.
#18Rolen47Posted 2/21/2014 5:45:12 AM
MoparMan94_2 posted...
Valve servers haven't had playable ping for the entire East coast for a week.
---

Yeah I don't know what they did to their servers but every valve server that comes up for me has exactly 100 ping. A couple years ago I was getting 30 ping in valve servers. I guess they moved them or allocated the good ones to something else (probably DOTA 2)
#19UltrachaoPosted 2/23/2014 9:11:52 AM(edited)
whenever i go on valve servers i end up against an entire team of pubstompers while the rest of my team is typical valve server players

edit: actually, on second thought, that's pretty much what happens on almost every server i go on, valve or otherwise.
---
Protoss is clearly the new alliance race for WoW.
MY LIFE FOR AIURnforge -Ridleysbiggestfan
#20MagnemightPosted 2/23/2014 4:22:33 PM
Ultrachao posted...
edit: actually, on second thought, that's pretty much what happens on almost every server i go on, valve or otherwise.

I find this sort of thing incredibly irritating. I can either be on the pubstomper team and team up on newbies, or join the newbie team and be teamed up on by the pubstompers. It's either too easy or unrealistically difficult.
---
Magikoopa Security Force: Defend against the Shy Guys!
Check out the demo (offsite): http://www.mfgg.net/index.php?act=resdb&param=02&c=2&id=29243