This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

ITT: Post an opinion about TF2 that you have and I'll tell you if it's right

#11Bald_MoneyPosted 3/14/2014 2:42:12 AM
Tails15809 posted...
Bald_Money posted...
opinions can't be right or wrong by definition, is this a troll thread or something

I think TC's signature explains quite a lot.

that's obviously intended to be facetious

and I know what you're thinking "gee, why can't this thread be facetious too?"

it's because there's a huge difference between a single line and an entire topic dedicated to being facetious
#12BakedStuffEtc(Topic Creator)Posted 3/14/2014 3:01:57 AM
SuperDS22 posted...
You can't solo carry a bad team if the other team is playing the objective.

Correct, some people refuse to cooperate or don't understand/aren't capable of what you want them to do

Oil_Rope_Bombs posted...
The game has been killed

Wrong, it's slowly dying. Doing rather well for a 7 year old game

ScholarMongoose posted...
TF2 was pretty cool when you first started playing it.

Correct

CaioNV posted...
The Concheror is pretty good for King of the Hill. Mostly outperformed by the others Battle Banners on other modes, though.

Correct, it is "pretty good". However it's strictly worse than the others pretty much all the time

Tails15809 posted...
Triclops is best achievement hat.

Wrong; it's the Dangeresque, Too?
---
My opinion is objective fact. If you disagree, well, you're wrong;
I am a beacon of knowledge blazing out across a black sea of ignorance.
#13BakedStuffEtc(Topic Creator)Posted 3/14/2014 3:12:58 AM
Ultrachao posted...
*Tauntkills are almost always funny. Especially when you stun an Ubercharge with the Huntsman/Ubersaw/etc.

- Correct.

*Caber taunt should be a tauntkill and instagib the target AND the user. Unless it's broken, in which case it deals exactly one damage to the victim and makes an amusing "doink" sound.

- Correct.

*Sometimes a Pyro's only viable option in their given circumstance is to W+M1, and there's no shame (or pride for that matter) in it.

- Correct, multiple people pushed together in a chokepoint or something are dealt the most damage to if you W+M1, and there are other similar circumstances where just running at them with fire is preferable

*Using the High Five as an actual taunt is way funnier than it really should be.

- Correct.

*Bots (not MvM robots) are actually pretty decent at KOTH and PL. I mean, they're good about getting on the objective, even if they're bad at protecting it.

Better than a lot of pubbies

*There should be more voice commands (e.g. Hold Position, Retreat, Follow Me, Sniper!)

Wrong. Buy a mic

*It would be... interesting... if you could order nearby bots around with voice commands while looking at them.

- Correct, sounds like a nice feature I think. I know Medic bots healing you will follow an Activate Ubercharge command at least

*Rocket/Sticky Jumper explosions should launch enemies like the "real" versions do.

- Correct.

*Thrown Sandviches should display a pointer bubble (like Medic! calls but with a sandvich instead of a cross) for nearby teammates

- Correct.

*New Short Circuit is still OP.

- Correct.

*There needs to be more TC/SD/Medieval maps. Preferably good ones.

- Correct, variety is good and TC is underrated due to Hydro being all chokepoints.

*On that note, Medieval MvM would be kind of cool

- Wrong, Medieval blows chunks

*The Full Head of Steam is the best achievement hat.

- Wrong, Dangeresque, Too?.

*All-Class melee weapons should actually be all-class and stop excluding the Engineer and Spy. Backstabbing someone with a frying pan or repairing a sentry with a picket sign would hardly be the most nonsensical thing possible in this game.

- Correct. Spies using the Pan would just be giving themselves away, but of their own choice

*This statement is false.

- Wrong.

inb4tl;dr

- Wrong, I read the whole thing.

Bald_Money posted...
opinions can't be right or wrong by definition, is this a troll thread or something

- Wrong twice, this is not a troll thread and my opinion is objectively right

and I know what you're thinking "gee, why can't this thread be facetious too?"

it's because there's a huge difference between a single line and an entire topic dedicated to being facetious

- Wrong. My opinion is objectively factual.

---
My opinion is objective fact. If you disagree, well, you're wrong;
I am a beacon of knowledge blazing out across a black sea of ignorance.
#14Dark_NecridPosted 3/14/2014 3:49:39 AM
Bald_Money posted...

Opinions can be wrong, and they are proven wrong all the time.

"The Earth is flat" used to be an opinion, then it was proven wrong. You can still hold that opinion...you'll just look dumb.
#15Some_HoarPosted 3/14/2014 4:39:54 AM(edited)
The defining attribute of engineer in pub games is that he makes the game less interesting for everyone, on both teams (sorry to the 2% of engineer players that are actually sentient and understand how to use a computer)
---
oil rape is atrue nub
#16TuohPosted 3/14/2014 5:06:08 AM
Scout is in an intimate relationship with the Heavy.
---
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/945498-shin-megami-tensei-persona-4/60019254
The internet at its finest.
#17MaxscartPosted 3/14/2014 5:34:18 AM
Dark_Necrid posted...
Bald_Money posted...

"The Earth is flat" used to be an opinion, then it was proven wrong. You can still hold that opinion...you'll just look dumb.

The thought that the Earth is flat was thought of as factual. The actual shape of the world was proven and thus it's no longer a fact that the Earth is flat. It's an opinion which isn't wrong.

Opinions can indeed not be proven wrong. No matter how idiotic they may sound.
#18DaveridsPosted 3/14/2014 6:03:31 AM
Maxscart posted...
Dark_Necrid posted...
Bald_Money posted...

The thought that the Earth is flat was thought of as factual. The actual shape of the world was proven and thus it's no longer a fact that the Earth is flat. It's an opinion which isn't wrong.

Opinions can indeed not be proven wrong. No matter how idiotic they may sound.

That's great, now move on

Cleaner's Carbine is the worst Sniper Rifle with headshots.
---
Changing this when Golden Sun 4 comes out. Started 11/15/10
#19TitanStrikePosted 3/14/2014 6:11:37 AM
Crits blow chunks

Damage spread blows chunks

Bullet spread blows chunks
---
oxxxx|==============> || halomonkey1_3_5 (El Pika) said... exec poop
MC, Steam ID, most other IGN's: KITTYONFYRE
#20pothocketPosted 3/14/2014 6:14:04 AM
The best way to cap a point is to do it with style - phlog taunting as Pyro tanking all incoming damage while winning the game.