This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

ITT: Post an opinion about TF2 that you have and I'll tell you if it's right

#61pothocketPosted 3/16/2014 5:11:00 PM
TitanStrike posted...
pothocket posted...
Wrong. Nobody likes crits, git gud. If you think you already got gud and like crits, you're wrong and need to git guder

Ok, you don't get it. That's fine.

I already spent a long time and many walls of texts arguing with another dumbf** who thought crits were good. Caio find me dat topic mr. Historian.

Yeah, go find it.
#62TitanStrikePosted 3/16/2014 5:12:48 PM
BakedStuffEtc posted...
Scattergun since the Popper got nerfed

Soda popper still OP, more DPS and more burst. It was OP w/o the minicrits. The only thing stock beats it on is 285-315 damage range I believe.

ScholarMongoose posted...
Not even Persian Persuader? Or do we not talk about swords...

lol. How is not getting ammo ever an upside or worth mentioning? And the fact it's upside is even worse w/o shields is lol.
---
oxxxx|==============> || halomonkey1_3_5 (El Pika) said... exec poop
MC, Steam ID, most other IGN's: KITTYONFYRE
#63CaioNVPosted 3/16/2014 5:14:16 PM
Soda Popper is still overpowered, indeed, but it isn't a straight upgrade anymore.
---
GRABBIN' PEELZ! http://i.imgur.com/LkSWXBA.jpg
Promised to never necro-bump again on 16/2/2014.
#64TitanStrikePosted 3/16/2014 5:39:53 PM
CaioNV posted...
Soda Popper is still overpowered, indeed, but it isn't a straight upgrade anymore.

It is still a straight upgrade. When you can do more damage in less time with bigger burst it's an upgrade.
---
#65BakedStuffEtc(Topic Creator)Posted 3/16/2014 7:27:26 PM
ScholarMongoose posted...
Not even Persian Persuader? Or do we not talk about swords...

You have a pretty small ammo pool and the sword doesn't let you pick it up, instead granting paltry health recovery. Pretty bad.

TitanStrike posted...
Soda popper still OP

CaioNV posted...
Soda Popper is still overpowered

Oh yeah, forgot that it has crazy good stats even without the dumb mini-crits. Doesn't help that Hype is now "hey I hope you can hit perfect airshots while I jump and airstrafe a gorillion times lol"
---
My opinion is objective fact. If you disagree, well, you're wrong;
I am a beacon of knowledge blazing out across a black sea of ignorance.
#66SuperDS22Posted 3/16/2014 9:09:32 PM
Natacha is the worst mini-gun for killing people.

Razorback is the worst Sniper 2ndary.

The Gunslinger is not OP, most people just neglect to shoot it.
---
If you allow spawn camping, you deserve it. - SuperDS64
Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198043893729
#67TitanStrikePosted 3/17/2014 5:14:49 AM
SuperDS22 posted...

razorback is as good as the player using it & the environment it's in

3/3 yus! Mountainlab deserves more playtime
---
#68SuperDS22Posted 3/17/2014 5:25:45 AM
TitanStrike posted...
SuperDS22 posted...

Like how the Razorback's gonna protect me in that 1v1 mge we had? Or against a team w/o a Spy? Or while I'm actually checking my ass every now and then?
---
#69TitanStrikePosted 3/17/2014 5:43:27 AM
SuperDS22 posted...
TitanStrike posted...
SuperDS22 posted...

Like how the Razorback's gonna protect me in that 1v1 mge we had? Or against a team w/o a Spy? Or while I'm actually checking my ass every now and then?

proof you don't know what you're talking about. i didn't want to argue in THIS topic because i have not perfected my razorback argument and don't want baked to smash me, but here we go...

You you just refers to a sniper, not specifically you are a pub sniper. You get headshots 30% of the time - not terrible but pretty bad. We'll use pl_badwater, on defense, as an example. you stay near point 2 while the teams are fighting near the rocks with HP around them. Here you would want jarate, maybe smg. YOU SHOULD NOT USE RAZORBACK. You are too far away from your team and you are not being protected by them. You should use something to help protect yourself, jarate also can be used to throw at the incoming enemy.

Okay, now you're someone amazing. You get 95% of your headshots, beast m0de swag or whatever people say now. You are in the same spot as that other pub sniper (you're still in a pub). YOU SHOULD NOT USE RAZORBACK! You are again so far back, the spy can shove his revolver up your ass and spread your guts everywhere faster then you can react. The first two shots will hit without any problem - he will unscope, turn around, maybe jump. Then you can still get it quite easily, or even go for a pro butterknife if you're the type that likes humiliations. so no razorback.

You make 50% of your good headshots and are on an iron comp team. You have a bit of coordination but not a lot. Instead of staying so far back, you are up on the stairs, with your team very close to you. Razorback is great for here. Though you only get the medic/demo/heavy/whatever every minute and just take down a crappy player every bit, the spy can't get you. The spy cannot prevent you from taking out that medic. But you say revolver? The sniper has his entire team there - someone'll probably hear the decloak, or be looking backwards for a brief second to spot that spy walking over, either call them out there or see them when they take the first shot. The pyro could airblast, a demo could shooot a stciky or a soldier a rocket if he's there. The spy dies or DRs and you are alive.

You're amazing-tier, invite sniper. Razorback is even more important for you so you don't die, the spy can effectively never get you with such coordination from your team (if you stay near them - if you don't jarate might be a better choice.

Well there you go. I probably missed a really important point that I thought of in my head.
---
#70SuperDS22Posted 3/17/2014 5:57:38 AM
TitanStrike posted...
I mean, I get it. If you're getting most of the kills as Sniper, of course you'll want certain assets to protect your ass, but if you're near team in high level play Spies shouldn't be able to get in the group, thus nullifying Razorback. Jarate would be better to sort the Spy out of the confusion (even though people should be spy checking everybody anyway) and even the Danger Shield would protect you from not only Snipers (Snipers' main opponent), but also from 6 other classes that use (or can use, with 3 only using exclusively) bullets.

The only thing I'll agree with is that Razorback does better as both sides get worse, where the Sniper isn't doing much and the Spy doesn't know what a Razorback is.

Also remember, my opinion is that Razorback is the worst out of all 2ndaries for Sniper.
---