This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

ITT: Post an opinion about TF2 that you have and I'll tell you if it's right

#71thisisboris2Posted 3/17/2014 11:24:53 AM
super tryhards on screw-around-servers suck
---
Eu is best anime character http://i.imgur.com/0iTaY.jpg
LoL IGN:TheCakeIsNotAPie; Created Fergleblast & Rihoof Pls
#72TitanStrikePosted 3/17/2014 11:28:10 AM
SuperDS22 posted...
TitanStrike posted...
I mean, I get it. If you're getting most of the kills as Sniper, of course you'll want certain assets to protect your ass, but if you're near team in high level play Spies shouldn't be able to get in the group, thus nullifying Razorback. Jarate would be better to sort the Spy out of the confusion (even though people should be spy checking everybody anyway) and even the Danger Shield would protect you from not only Snipers (Snipers' main opponent), but also from 6 other classes that use (or can use, with 3 only using exclusively) bullets.

The only thing I'll agree with is that Razorback does better as both sides get worse, where the Sniper isn't doing much and the Spy doesn't know what a Razorback is.

Also remember, my opinion is that Razorback is the worst out of all 2ndaries for Sniper.

If you're saying spies shouldn't geti n the group because you're high-skilled, the spy is also high-skilled. Sniper's a big pick in HL, it's close to the demo in importance (right?) as the meta's changed a lot recently... apparently. It's easy to get a kill soaked in jarate - you can still click on their back, it's not hard at all. Even though you take more damage, you'd probably die after anyway. DDS is banned everywhere, irrelevant - and also getting spammed by solly turns into an even bigger problem with it.
---
oxxxx|==============> || halomonkey1_3_5 (El Pika) said... exec poop
MC, Steam ID, most other IGN's: KITTYONFYRE
#73CaioNVPosted 3/17/2014 11:57:38 AM
Black Box is no good.
---
GRABBIN' PEELZ! http://i.imgur.com/LkSWXBA.jpg
Promised to never necro-bump again on 16/2/2014.
#74TitanStrikePosted 3/17/2014 12:06:52 PM
CaioNV posted...
Black Box is no good.

tell fun runner that
---
#75DaveridsPosted 3/17/2014 3:26:50 PM
Staying locked into scope as Sniper is always a bad thing and will almost always get you killed.
---
Changing this when Golden Sun 4 comes out. Started 11/15/10
#76TitanStrikePosted 3/17/2014 3:29:41 PM
Daverids posted...
Staying locked into scope as Sniper is always a bad thing and will almost always get you killed.

Wrong. Unless you mean like locked for upwards of a minute
---
#77CaioNVPosted 3/17/2014 4:55:46 PM
TitanStrike posted...
Instead of staying so far back, you are up on the stairs, with your team very close to you. Razorback is great for here.

While I do agree that the Razorback is not downright useless and can save your ass if you are near your team, it's highly likely that the Spy has a more important target to pick in the first place if you're in such a situation. The Medic and the Demoman are the most obvious. The Soldier and the Heavy are good targets, specially since the later is downright pray. The Engineer is generally rarer to not have a meatshield for a Razorback, but it also counts.
That's FIVE higher priority targets. So, unless they're all being bathed in friendly Pyro fire and the Sniper is just slight farther away, you're "saving" yourself from a situation where the Spy should be going for other stuff anyway. The other two Shields are better. The Jarate is better. The Stock SMG is better.
---
#78CaioNVPosted 3/17/2014 5:18:11 PM
KITTYONFYRE Posted...
Caio find me dat topic mr. Historian.

I knew I wasn't the only person flagging peps ITB.
Anyhoo, after 9 years searching, I declare your rant on random Crits lost, Kitty. I'm sorry. http://youtu.be/plDkRX4NihI
---
#79TitanStrikePosted 3/17/2014 5:30:40 PM
CaioNV posted...
TitanStrike posted...
Instead of staying so far back, you are up on the stairs, with your team very close to you. Razorback is great for here.

While I do agree that the Razorback is not downright useless and can save your ass if you are near your team, it's highly likely that the Spy has a more important target to pick in the first place if you're in such a situation. The Medic and the Demoman are the most obvious. The Soldier and the Heavy are good targets, specially since the later is downright pray. The Engineer is generally rarer to not have a meatshield for a Razorback, but it also counts.
That's FIVE higher priority targets. So, unless they're all being bathed in friendly Pyro fire and the Sniper is just slight farther away, you're "saving" yourself from a situation where the Spy should be going for other stuff anyway. The other two Shields are better. The Jarate is better. The Stock SMG is better.

And here caio demonstrates his ignorance (?) of HL. Again, dds and camper are banned. And sniper is more important then heavy, demo or engineer in some situations. And those situations are not rare. It also gives your sniper free reign over the battlefield for whoever long if they're dead. This allows your sniper to have multiple chances at those other picks while the spy has a choice of one per life usually.
---
#80CaioNVPosted 3/17/2014 6:38:08 PM
I wasn't specifically talking about 9v9. They ARE better shields. And go learn how to dodge a Sniper shot. There, all these classes become more important again.
---