This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Are the Bronies gone yet?

#21TuohPosted 3/18/2014 4:19:40 AM
Alright. You don't like bronies, that's fine. I agree, the more obnoxious ones are awful. You don't want to.see their clopping material, that's fine. I completely agree. But in no way are bronies enough to ruin a game for anyone. I've been playing this game for some time and I have only run into an incredibly obnoxious brony server maybe two or three times.

There are not brony servers ALL OVER TF2. They aren't "infecting" the game. You can go days without seeing one self-proclaimed brony. To just quit the game because they make you mad, alright, fine, that's doing what you want; but one fanbase that isn't even that present is not making this game "borderline unplayable."
---
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/945498-shin-megami-tensei-persona-4/60019254
The internet at its finest.
#22SuperDS22Posted 3/18/2014 4:37:45 AM
I wonder if you can be "racist" if you don't like a group...or is the word "fascist"? IDK, gonna Google it.
---
If you allow spawn camping, you deserve it. - SuperDS64
Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198043893729
#23NME_EnterprisesPosted 3/18/2014 5:53:22 AM
basist

like bassist
---
People who've needed "a monstah to clobbah dat dere Kirbeh!": 140
http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/15/heartscream2.jpg
#24BigTee66Posted 3/18/2014 9:19:14 AM
I have 3 brony friends that play, so no
---
http://i.imgur.com/41CLB9S.jpg
#25_NeroZero_Posted 3/18/2014 1:07:16 PM
The only thing I hate about our fandom is that the worst side is the one that appears most often.

Truth is that most of us are absolutely normal gamers that like something you probably wouldn't. That's about it - we don't spam brony stuff around with non-brony friends. More than half of my friend list is not from the brony fandom, and we still get along very nicely - I feel no need for brony comments with them. I can talk about as much pony as I want with brony friends, but I'm fine with those who are not bronies.

Heck, I kept a Vinyl Scratch avatar for two whole months on a forum and nobody said absolutely anything about it (Except the site admin himself, who surprisingly was a brony as well). Simply because I never used any pony references - and most bronies do not, when talking to non-bronies.

TL;DR The brony fandom itself is fine, the problem is that the worst fans are the ones who tend to be more "pony-aggressive" towards others. I dislike those who spray clop images around and are simply annoying at all times - I remember scolding a brony over the mic once, so obnoxious he was acting - but to say that the whole fandom is terrible, that is not true at all.
---
Be kind to people.They're outnumbering you from 8 billion to one.
"I'm dual-shocked by that statement" - adam_kps2
#26buddyboigiruPosted 3/18/2014 1:15:20 PM
_NeroZero_ posted...
The only thing I hate about our fandom is that the worst side is the one that appears most often.

Your fandom is what the furry fandom felt years ago. This conflict is nothing new. There will always be the people in fandoms that stand out too much and give the rest of the people a bad rap. The more the regular people in the fandom deviate from the cultural norms of the internet the easier it is to mix both the regular people and the people that take it too far together.
---
Personal Testimony from Bael ~http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zZjSMED0IE
#27supnamesmar9Posted 3/18/2014 1:46:07 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#28thedeadman568Posted 3/18/2014 4:07:21 PM
I generally don't care what anyone likes but if you give yourself a stupid label and keep talking about some show, I'm gonna think you're weird and you're gonna die alone.
This goes for Bronies just as much as Whovians, Furries, Cumberb*tches and whatever else runs wild on tumblr.
Bronies happen to be one of the weirder and more vocal groups, which is why I bear a special hatred for for them.
But there are certain anime fandoms that are just as bad if not worse than the worst Bronies.
---
do what a man would and show of your manhood
#29ScholarMongoosePosted 3/18/2014 4:15:39 PM
Tuoh posted...
There are not brony servers ALL OVER TF2. They aren't "infecting" the game. You can go days without seeing one self-proclaimed brony. To just quit the game because they make you mad, alright, fine, that's doing what you want; but one fanbase that isn't even that present is not making this game "borderline unplayable."
#30Tails15809Posted 3/18/2014 5:16:27 PM
Whovians baffle me (I'm assuming this is for Dr. Who fans)
I remember watching it a few years ago. I was thinking to myself something along the lines of "This is the worst show I have ever seen. How can anyone watch this?" Fast foward three years later and all of sudden its got this huge following (at least where I live). I kind of blame bronies for this since all these Whovians I know love Dr. Whooves. I had no problem with these guys whatsoever before that though (probably because they weren't as common).
Furries do not need any explantion. I did however have some whiny furry try to convince me that teenage perverts have ruined the furry fandom from their perversion and that furries used to be normal. Umm you might be able to tell that to someone who has no idea what furries are and come off as sounding intelligent yet strangely weird. Most people would have enough common internet sense to see through that though.
Bronies seem to get more hate though since the fandom enjoys crossing it over with just about everything possible. This annoys the other fandoms because all of a sudden bronies have invaded with their pony nonsense. Sure you're characters are adorable and may cause sexual confusion/frustration among more mentally disturbed individuals, but nobody really wants to see it. Sure you might say Rainbow Dash is the best and most attractive pony, but does anyone really want to know that you have a favorite let alone a cartoon horse fetish? Sure you might say Octavia has better taste in music and is more attractive than Vinyl Scratch but do you want people to know you actually care that much about fictional characters along with your cartoon horse fetish?
Think about the children!
---
Not changing until Team Fortress 3 is announced. Started 3/8/14.