Mew Movesets

#1serenechaosPosted 3/21/2009 10:50:35 AM
Mew is my favorite Pokemon ever, and I was wondering if there are movesets that would be super-amazing for him....I keep finding the same moveset (physical sweeper) with a paragraph or two of "...but he's also really good with this this or this", and I found one post somewhere about the original finding of Mewtation that mentioned possiblities but didn't get specific.

So, I was hoping I could list some of my ideas and get some feedback and hopefully some more sets.

1) Physical Sweeper
Swords Dance
Hyper Beam
Earthquake
Explosion

Standard.

2)Special Sweeper
Psychic
Thunderbolt
Blizzard
Softboiled/Amnesia

Also Standard. Also considering Sacred Fire for GSC.

3)Annoyer
Rest
Double Team
Double Edge
Thunderwave

4)Super-Ditto
Transform
Earthquake
Blizzard
Softboiled

A very basic idea that could probably use better moves, I'm no expert at this. EQ/Blizz and Softboiled to keep your own health up, then Transform: a full-HP (or at least better off) version of your opponent's hopefully hurt and possibly frozen Poke.

5)*Name?*
Psychic
Swift
Amnesia
Recover

Familiar? Yeah, this is mostly just a novety, I thought it would be really cool to have a Mew w/ his big bro's set. Although a Mew with Amnesia and Recover could wreak some serious chaos.

6)Standard Mew
Transform
Psychic
Mega Punch
Metronome

Also novelty. I like the natural moveset for Mew when I'm just playing: it's a ton of fun.

7)Fishymew
Thunderwave
Fissure
Horndrill
Rest

Standard-ish. Couldn't find the exact moveset, if someone would like to fix.

8)Just For Fun
Metronome
Mimic
Transform
Explosion

9)Sunnybeam (GSC)
Sunny Day
Fire Blast
Solar Beam
---

Need a fourth move....Synthesis?

And that's it for the stuff I've actually experimented with. I'm trying to think of a good tank Mew, but I'm just not that great with movesets. If there's anything else Mew can pull off really well, or do better with thanks to his insane movepool and decent stats, please post it. Curselax, Healbeller, Smeargle sets, any illegal sets (if there are any?). Moves I'm specifically interested in seeing include Spore, Reflect/Light Screen (for the tanking Mew, and Confuse Ray.

In case you're interested, the forum post I mentioned earlier is here:

http://ghpf.pokemondungeon.com/viewtopic.php?t=897&sid=02e114b3e05dba75d49d54e08a555696

And he talks about a Belly Drum DP set, a Perish Trapper, and an Aeroblast/Cross Chop/Crabhammer sweeper among others. I've also seen an interesting Spore/Nightmare/Dream Eater combo somewhere else.

Anyways, thanks for reading all that mess, and thanks alot for any movesets contributed.
---
exitium opus postremedianae est; fabricatio opus aetatis est.
#22hVy4GrVtyPosted 3/21/2009 11:21:00 AM
You shouldn't bother teaching Mew movesets that can be better carried out by other Pokemon. With that said, there are only a few viable sets:

Earthquake
Rock Slide
Swords Dance
Softboiled/Explosion

SD with a single turn heal/999 attack Explosion, along with amazing physical coverage.

Actually, this is it, every other set is probably better off on Mewtwo.

If you're sharking, Belly Drum over Swords Dance.
---
WC 08 FC: 0774 2762 2605
ProStreet FC: 4983 3290 8821
#32hVy4GrVtyPosted 3/21/2009 11:22:07 AM
Also, fish's set was Fissure/HD/Rest/ST.
---
#4serenechaos(Topic Creator)Posted 3/21/2009 11:55:46 AM
Ah, well, I didn't mention it, but most of these are R/B/Y, I posted it here because there was so much GSC in it, and because GSC is compatible w/ RBY movesets but not vice-versa. But that would explain the differences in the moveset (Hyper Beam has no lag in GSC). For my GSC Mew teams, I probably will substitute Rock Slide.

Also, I'm actually not sharking, but using Mewtation.

Thank you for your input =)
---
#5serenechaos(Topic Creator)Posted 3/21/2009 2:54:54 PM
^^Correcting my above post:

"Hyper Beam has no lag in RBY if it KOs or misses".

And I also meant to mention the similar situation with my Fishymew....no Sleep Talk in RBY, so I used T-wave for speed.
---
#62hVy4GrVtyPosted 3/22/2009 12:09:53 AM
As far as RBY movesets go, the above is plausible. I guess there's:

Swift
Swords Dance
Rest/Softboiled
Filler/Double Team/Ice Beam (against Rock/Grounds or freeze if someone's stalling you)

And the OHKO set, but overall, Mewtwo outclasses it for the other sets.

Note: Fish's set was a GSC discovery, the set above is just... a nameless OHKO set.
---
#7pokedude7Posted 3/22/2009 7:38:18 AM
I wonder if anybody has tried:

Thunderbolt
Ice Beam
Rock Slide
Earthquake

According to Psypoke's Attack Analyzer, this move set lands Neutral or Super effective damage on every pokemon in the game.
#82hVy4GrVtyPosted 3/22/2009 11:49:40 AM
It also fails to KO most of them.

Nothing in GSC resists IB/Tbolt anyway (bar Magneton, which is terrible). Nothing resists EQ/RS anyway.
---