Phazon Mines - Mine Security Station - Weird Door

#1donarPosted 10/19/2008 6:56:26 PM
Ok in Phazon Mines - Mine Security Station there is this weird door on the upper level, on the opposite end of the room from the red and purple doors and the the computer behind the plasma bomb gate.

I'm pretty sure it is a door because all weapons are reflected off of it, where else in the game does this happen?? It says something about only Space Pirates can open it... it's up a little ramp.

Is there a way to open this door?
#2PappinAcePosted 10/19/2008 7:22:52 PM
Yes, from the other side. Keep playing.

---
I'm gonna go have a smoke, you want a smoke? You don't smoke, do ya? What are you, one of those fitness freaks? Huh? Huh? Go **** yourself.
#3KirbyManiacPosted 10/20/2008 11:00:15 PM
I'm not sure if you're thinking of a specific door or if you know something I don't, Ham, but I recall doors not in the usual hexagon shape with the sole purpose of letting Space Pirates into the room, without intending for Samus to ever access them.
---
Language is a tool for efficient communication. The Internet is a tool for fast communication. Don't defy both intents by posting incoherent writing.
#4PappinAcePosted 10/21/2008 9:38:43 AM
I must be thinking of a different door, because I don't even recall a door like the one you described. In all my playthroughs I've never seen them. I guess I'll have something new to look for next time.

---
I'm gonna go have a smoke, you want a smoke? You don't smoke, do ya? What are you, one of those fitness freaks? Huh? Huh? Go **** yourself.
#5ShadowMario3Posted 10/21/2008 11:50:48 AM
I remember a door like this at the Research Entrance at Phendrana Drifts (first encounter against Space Pirates at Phendrana), where when I scanned one of the doors the Pirates came through, it said only Space Pirates could open it. I don't remember if the door reflected the shots though (I doubt it did).

I'm guessing the one you're seeing at the Mine Security Station is the same function (but can reflect beams as you said, I'll check that out), so there's no way to open that door.
#6bowsersenemyPosted 10/22/2008 4:06:45 AM
ham! i didn't know you played metroid prime. cool. well, i'm playing though again, i just got the super missile, and i'm saved in the Holo Projector room in Phendrana still, so IIRC, i'm headed into the metroid research next. i'm still a little ways from the phazon mines, but i'm making steady progress. i did 100% the game on hard mode once, so it shouldn't take long.
---
"The Gundam Mk II is a piece of trash!" ~ Lt. Jerid Messa
#7ChangeInTheWindPosted 10/23/2008 7:33:43 PM
That's the door that if you go through you get the Flame Thrower right? I'm pretty sure it is. You have to have the plazma beam and the super bomb.

---
|||||||||||| ||||||||||| [[[[[[[[[[[[[ [[[[[[[[[[[[ ]]]]]]]]]]]] ]]]]]]]]]]]]]
|||||||||||| ||||||||||| [[[[[[[[[[[[[ [[[[[[[[[[[[ ]]]]]]]]]]]] ]]]]]]]]]]]]]
#8ShadowMario3Posted 10/24/2008 4:30:26 AM
^ No, that is not what he is talking about.

Well, I found the door the TC was talking about, and here's what the scan says:

"Security bioscan locks in place. Locks keyed to Space Pirate life signs only. Access Denied."

So yeah, this door is just like the ones at the Space Pirate Research Labs at Phendrana. There's no way you can open them.
#9Mikey712Posted 10/24/2008 7:23:27 AM

If you go to the door and look at the map you'll see that there is no room that it could lead to.

#10donar(Topic Creator)Posted 10/24/2008 12:17:16 PM
ShadowMario3 thanks for looking into it.

Mikey712, that really doesn't mean anything. For instance, the red door and room at the top of Phen Edge (I think) doesn't show up on your map until you physically open the door....

I still think that it's odd they made this door reflect fire....