Tower of Light Missiles

#1MultiKoopaPosted 11/1/2009 4:48:04 PM
I got to the Tower of Light early, and I have 50 missiles. I'm wondering... is there really no way to replenish your missiles in that room? Do you absolutely HAVE to have, like, 60 missiles or so to get through that room?
---
-How many calculations couldn't a calculator calculate if a calculator couldn't calculate calculations?-Random Craziness, Courtesy of MultiKoopa.
#2MultiKoopa(Topic Creator)Posted 11/1/2009 4:50:03 PM
The Plated Puffers only seem to drop Small Energies...

By the way, the Creature Strategy guide says that a Charge Beam will kill the Plated Puffers, but my Charge Beams always bounce off of them... why is that?
---
-How many calculations couldn't a calculator calculate if a calculator couldn't calculate calculations?-Random Craziness, Courtesy of MultiKoopa.
#3MultiKoopa(Topic Creator)Posted 11/1/2009 4:56:05 PM
Actually it seems you'd need 72 missiles, huh...
---
#4MultiKoopa(Topic Creator)Posted 11/1/2009 4:59:26 PM
Oh, I'm on Hard Mode... is that why I need 6 missiles to break each weak spot on the pillars, and why a Charge Beam won't kill the Plated Puffers?
---
#5Sinner2501Posted 11/1/2009 6:25:41 PM
Plated puffers are only damaged by missiles.... and the puzzle only allows them to drop energy. And I'm not sure whether or not the mode determines whether or not you need more missiles or not. I've only done it the normal way with Super Missiles.

---
What is a TUNA!? A miserable little pile of secrets.
I HATE Grenchlers.....
#6MultiKoopa(Topic Creator)Posted 11/1/2009 7:23:25 PM
I got the Wavebuster! I went and got enough missile expansions for 80 missiles, and had 8 left over at the end. Go sequence breaking! :D
---
#7MrPerson01Posted 11/2/2009 6:30:40 AM
Each block is broken by 3 Missiles for Normal, and 6 Missiles for Hard. So it's better to use three Missiles per block in Normal, and a Super Missile per block on Hard.
#8MultiKoopa(Topic Creator)Posted 11/6/2009 3:48:54 PM
I didn't have the Super Missiles yet lol
---