Entropia Universe vs. Second Life

#1_Classic_Gamer_Posted 12/23/2007 8:51:23 AM
I saw both games profiled on the discovery channel recently. I want to get 1 or the other but not sure which one. Judging by the forums, Second Life seems to be more popular but how is Entropia. I kind of like the idea of a future civilization.
#2MicPosted 12/24/2007 7:49:22 AM
I've played both, Second Life has more capability in my opinion. But if you really like the futuristic sci fi kind of environment, with more of an actual "rpg" behind it, then EU is probably the choice.

If you're looking to just create a character online to have fun and be part of a community, Second Life should be what to look into. Has much more random stuff you can do in the game.

You should really just try both and decide for yourself, neither costs money to play monthly, and both require you to put in money into the game to make money, or spend lots of time on stuff that gets you a little money at a time. Second Life is probably still easier overall to make money, you can buy land on Ebay, start "creating" products, buildings, or clothes and sell them to the public. It's actually the closest thing you will probably ever get to a real life simulator.

Try both, decide for yourself in the end.

---
Birth. School. Work. Death.
#3NuchaleftPosted 12/25/2007 10:37:32 AM
I wasted 8 months in Second Life and didn't make a single cent :/ The controls were clunky and no matter what I did I couldn't get used to them :/
#4hanzouXPosted 12/28/2007 8:29:08 PM
I wasted 8 months in Second Life and didn't make a single cent :/ The controls were clunky and no matter what I did I couldn't get used to them :/

Second life is really easy to make money, if you didn't make a cent your either lying or your a dumbass. You can find areas and just sit in a chair for a amount of time and make money. I know tons of people who make money in that game. Entropia all i hear is people loosing money, the only people who actually make money are people who invested tons of money in the game or scam people.
---
There is no signature.
#5TheDesertEaglePosted 12/30/2007 11:32:06 AM
http://www.entropiaforum.com/forums/general-discussion/84328-ultimatum-mind-ark.html
#6P3p51MaxAdd1ctPosted 1/13/2008 1:26:23 PM
That never even happened! There is no charge for changing armour.
Back from the troll, SL does give more opportunity to create items, but this leads all too often to flying penii and idiots like the above poster making them.
#7TheDesertEaglePosted 1/14/2008 7:11:10 PM
Learn to read fun boy! It's not about armor change and it's not just one person.
#8NuchaleftPosted 2/1/2008 1:30:48 AM

Dedrin posted...

Second life is really easy to make money, if you didn't make a cent your either lying or your a dumbass. You can find areas and just sit in a chair for a amount of time and make money. I know tons of people who make money in that game. Entropia all i hear is people loosing money, the only people who actually make money are people who invested tons of money in the game or scam people.
---
There is no signature.

Neither, just got bored, tired of the clunky controls and high bandwidth usage (almost the same as entropia)

#9NuchaleftPosted 2/1/2008 7:53:47 PM
Well you can make money in second life, yes... How much did a poster on the mmorpg.com forums say he made a week from it? Ah yes US$2.00... lol... I get paid AU$23.00 an hour, LOL...
#10NuchaleftPosted 2/20/2008 6:47:57 PM

Add to that it's graphics are terrible, It's laggy, It's interface is ghastly... But then I'm on wireless and living in a country in the top 20 worst countries for broadband (Australia)

Though via Anshe Chung I can transfer what little L$ I have to PED...