"Saving" in GB mode?

#1GhetsisPosted 11/28/2012 6:08:26 PM
While playing my Crystal at the GB building, my game seems to be "saving" at strange points, where data shouldn't even be saved. At the end of a round in battle, or when I switch Pokemon's positions in the Pokemon menu, the game pauses for a split second while the "Saving" message pops up at the bottom of the screen, like it does when I'm actually saving the game.

Is this normal? Or would it have something to do with the fact that I replaced my save battery?
---
For those players who don't speak Australian, we have provided an English translation of the previous scene. Do you want to replay the scene?
#2Element-17Posted 11/29/2012 5:54:57 AM
I think that's normal. I don't know what's being "saved," but I've seen it happen.
---
Why bother making a signature?
#3Ghetsis(Topic Creator)Posted 11/29/2012 9:51:23 AM
Hm. I can't find too many videos of the game on YouTube, but I did find this one, at least.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSI01KmMJzs

It doesn't seem to be occurring in his game...so I'm confused.

I noticed he had it on Load Little, so I put mine on Load Little as well, even though I didn't think it would change anything, and...well, it didn't.

I am playing the Japanese version, so maybe there's a difference? I don't know..this doesn't happen with my Gen I games, though.
---
For those players who don't speak Australian, we have provided an English translation of the previous scene. Do you want to replay the scene?