Reply to " "Saving" in GB mode? "

#1xCurvxPosted 1/12/2013 7:36:11 PM
Posted by Ghetsis:

"While playing my Crystal at the GB building, my game seems to be "saving" at strange points, where data shouldn't even be saved. At the end of a round in battle, or when I switch Pokemon's positions in the Pokemon menu, the game pauses for a split second while the "Saving" message pops up at the bottom of the screen, like it does when I'm actually saving the game.

Is this normal? Or would it have something to do with the fact that I replaced my save battery?"

Second post by Ghetsis:

"Hm. I can't find too many videos of the game on YouTube, but I did find this one, at least.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSI01KmMJzs

It doesn't seem to be occurring in his game...so I'm confused.

I noticed he had it on Load Little, so I put mine on Load Little as well, even though I didn't think it would change anything, and...well, it didn't.

I am playing the Japanese version, so maybe there's a difference? I don't know..this doesn't happen with my Gen I games, though."

Actually, I had my Gameboy Tower settings set to "Load Max". No idea why it still kept loading in the beginning of the video. I'm guessing its due to how many hours I have in that save file (I have about 213 hours in that game now XD).

As for the saving issue, no idea. Sorry I can't be of more help, but hopefully by now, you've been able to fix the saving issue, or at least managed to play the game through it lol.
#2ShadowMario3Posted 1/13/2013 7:38:24 AM
xCurvx posted...

Actually, I had my Gameboy Tower settings set to "Load Max". No idea why it still kept loading in the beginning of the video. I'm guessing its due to how many hours I have in that save file (I have about 213 hours in that game now XD).

If you set it to "Load Max", the GB Tower will go through the entire intro so it could load the entire cartridge. That way, you don't need to go through anymore loading areas.

And the saving issue is weird. Dunno what that happened to him.
---
Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/ShadowMario3
#3xCurvx(Topic Creator)Posted 1/13/2013 1:21:08 PM
ShadowMario3 posted...
xCurvx posted...

If you set it to "Load Max", the GB Tower will go through the entire intro so it could load the entire cartridge. That way, you don't need to go through anymore loading areas.

And the saving issue is weird. Dunno what that happened to him.

It did go through the intro with the loading and all (Set on "Load Max"). Still did the "Loading..." during the first 10 seconds or so of actual gameplay. Not too much of an issue, just thought it was a bit weird lol.

When I can I'll try and see if it gives that same message again.