How to delete Gaia3, preferably with S-rating.

#1JFlurriePosted 9/24/2012 3:27:17 AM
I've seen this one asked before by some people, but never seen an answer. I'm getting closer to have all of the chips (I think I miss like 3-5 all-in-all), but I have absolutely no idea how I deal enough damage to perform at least a double delete and since the time does it's job before Gaia3 is vulnerable (can I damage it somehow a lot before that?), I most likely need a triple delete.

So how do I delete Gaia3 with a high rating?
#2kaothic86Posted 9/25/2012 11:59:34 PM
This game have several encounters where a S-rank is almost impossible (has anyone got the WoodAura chip from the virus instead of the sidequest?), you'll have to keep hoping for the chip at lower ranks or abuse the chip trader (remember they don't autosave in this game).
#3RandyPandyPosted 9/26/2012 11:04:37 AM
S-Ranking some viruses are impossible without cheat codes. I think there's a fraction of a second with the Gaia3 virus where both of them are vulnerable (note: I'm not 100% sure about this, it's been awhile since I fought that particular virus without the instant 9 or S Rank cheat codes) - at that instant, hit them with a PA like 2xHero to get them both.

It is possible to get a Gaia3 M chip from the virus at a 7-9 Rank, but it's not easy. If you keep getting Zenny or another chip, you just have to keep trying. Any lower than 7 and no chip, though.
---
Fact: Messing around with games produces interesting results.
Fact: This statement is a fact.
#4RandyPandyPosted 9/26/2012 1:28:09 PM
Oops, forgot that there were some encounters where Gaia3 appeared with two other viruses. The advice above still stands, use heavy-hitting PAs like 2xHero to deal a lot of damage the instant the virus becomes vulnerable.
---
Fact: Messing around with games produces interesting results.
Fact: This statement is a fact.
#5JFlurrie(Topic Creator)Posted 9/29/2012 2:56:24 PM
JFlurrie posted...
I've seen this one asked before by some people, but never seen an answer. I'm getting closer to have all of the chips (I think I miss like 3-5 all-in-all), but I have absolutely no idea how I deal enough damage to perform at least a double delete and since the time does it's job before Gaia3 is vulnerable (can I damage it somehow a lot before that?), I most likely need a triple delete.

So how do I delete Gaia3 with a high rating?

Here's one way:
When you face Gaia3 and Lockon3 in Internet Area 16, equip DoubleHero (i.e. ftrswordB,knghtswrdB,heroswrdB,ProtoMan3B), shoot them exactly a total of three times (I don't think it matters which one you shoot), dogde the Lockon3 exactly once and the moment Gaia3 "comes out of shell", launch DoubleHero.