What's the easiest way to accumulate money in this game?

#1LinksLiegePosted 9/24/2012 8:30:48 PM
I just beat the game and now want to go through and get the upgrades I haven't picked up. Looking at the prices for all the HPMemories the shopkeepers have that I haven't bought...I'm hoping there's some trick I'm not aware of to get a lot of money quick. Or that the battles in the deeper parts of the internet (I've yet to go into the 10th area or beyond) yield a lot of money.
---
This is LinksLiege's signature. It is fantastic.
#2RandyPandyPosted 9/24/2012 9:05:08 PM
Internet Area 14 has random Mystery Data that have a chance of having 10,000 Zenny, so I typically farm there. I save right before I pick up a Mystery Data, and if I don't like what I got, I reset and try again.

Since you mention having not gone in too deep, I know Internet Area 16 has a one-time Mystery Data with 20,000 Zenny, one in 13 with 8000 Zenny, and one in 11 with 10,000 Zenny.

Also make sure to fight every virus you encounter, the Zenny they drop at first doesn't seem like a lot, but when you fight a bunch of them, it quickly adds up.
---
Fact: Messing around with games produces interesting results.
Fact: This statement is a fact.
#3JFlurriePosted 9/25/2012 12:45:22 AM
LinksLiege posted...
I just beat the game and now want to go through and get the upgrades I haven't picked up. Looking at the prices for all the HPMemories the shopkeepers have that I haven't bought...I'm hoping there's some trick I'm not aware of to get a lot of money quick. Or that the battles in the deeper parts of the internet (I've yet to go into the 10th area or beyond) yield a lot of money.

In case you want to get all the chips too, I can promise that you'll soon be in a similar spot than I am, where I'm wondering what can I do with the money instead of how do I get it.

The thing you could try is that begin from Internet Area 1, work your way to fight Gaia3 (in Area 16), jack out (or was it off?), rinse and repeat. Do this like 20 times and I'll think you'll be close.

Also, fighting Navis gives you quite a lot of money.