How to get copies of unique chips?

#1JFlurriePosted 9/25/2012 1:08:55 PM
I'm using an emulator VBA / VBAlink to play this game and I was wondering what exactly am I supposed to do to get multiple copies of certain some chips like Heroswrd B? "Good folders" displays lists like put five of these into one, could you walk me thru to do that?

Is chip trader an option to get Heroswrd B?

What else can I do?
#2RandyPandyPosted 9/25/2012 2:53:29 PM
Trade with other copies of the game (with VBA you can copy your save and just keep trading from it - you'd need to have both open at the same time), or chip traders.
---
Fact: Messing around with games produces interesting results.
Fact: This statement is a fact.
#3JFlurrie(Topic Creator)Posted 9/25/2012 9:44:02 PM
RandyPandy posted...
Trade with other copies of the game (with VBA you can copy your save and just keep trading from it - you'd need to have both open at the same time)

Have you done this? Because I found myself in a bit of dead end with it. I have opened two copies of same VBAlink and made them not to pause when inactive (I mean, when window is not active), used different controller (1 and 2) for both emulators, have tried to run the same .gba file as well as two different copies of the same .gba file (i.e. copied one, ran it and ran the original at the same time), reset the both emulators and I have no idea what even should happen beyond that.
#4RandyPandyPosted 9/25/2012 10:00:51 PM
Yeah I have. Once you have the games open, on one of the VBAs, go to Options -> Link. Make sure that "One Computer" is checked (otherwise you'll have to select it, exit, and then reopen it back up). Now do the same for the other VBA. Now use the game's Network function to trade chips, and it should work (even tested it myself just now to make sure it did).
---
#5JFlurrie(Topic Creator)Posted 9/25/2012 11:54:17 PM
RandyPandy posted...
Yeah I have. Once you have the games open, on one of the VBAs, go to Options -> Link. Make sure that "One Computer" is checked (otherwise you'll have to select it, exit, and then reopen it back up). Now do the same for the other VBA. Now use the game's Network function to trade chips, and it should work (even tested it myself just now to make sure it did).

While I'm not next to my computer right now, the problem I can spot is that I have no idea where the Network function is accessible from. Main menu? It has nothing but Start New Game. I have set the "one computer" option correctly.
#6JFlurrie(Topic Creator)Posted 9/26/2012 11:40:24 AM
Thanks RandyPandy, with your help I was able to do this! A couple of notes:
1) The transfer option is in "pause" menu (duh)
2) While copying the chips, save the game with one instance just before beginning the trade and then load after each trade
3) You might need to play around a bit to be able to use the game in normal VBA. Use export save and save the save, don't try to play around with save states at that part.
#7RandyPandyPosted 9/26/2012 12:00:31 PM
You're welcome. :) Glad it worked for you.
---