This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

For Those Who May Want Level Recommendations VERSION 3 *spoilers*

#471Machiko_MechPosted 5/17/2009 11:47:57 AMmessage detail

I'm about to hit the Feywood - are there any sections after this where I could be forced to use certain characters rather than just using the ones I prefer? Just need to know if I need to level them up - Vaan and Balthier are trailing behind...

#472yukitoPosted 5/17/2009 2:05:55 PMmessage detail
I'm up to the last dungeon and have never been forced to use certain characters.
---
-Yusketeers-
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g142/Kesseki/showdown.gif
#473shadowvexilPosted 6/10/2009 7:44:08 AMmessage detail
If I want to pretrain for mid-game, would it be better to use Dustia, or train with the endlessly spawning Imperials on that one ship where you fight Judge Ghis. I know Dustia nets levels really quick, but you get maybe 10 times the LP with the Imperials if you were to train to the same level. In my first playthrough(Which I'm still working on), My characters had about 400 more HP than one who trained with Dustia at that level, while I used the Imperials, because I got more of the LP for Augments, while they had to focus on Equipment with their lower LP. Thanks.
---
'09 TSB Com Tourney Pick'Em Champion
#474holykunPosted 6/11/2009 9:12:46 PMmessage detail
Used this when entering Pharos (Main story)

Vaan --- lvl 70+
Ashe --- lvl 70+
Basch --- lvl 70+
Reddas --- lvl 70+

I guess i was WAAAAAY overleveled.HAHA! Good luck to all~
#475jackofblades34Posted 6/14/2009 10:54:36 PMmessage detail
Only times I found player levels to be a big factor was in boss fights with monsters that have level based attacks like Zalera or Gilgamesh.
#476holykunPosted 6/16/2009 5:54:50 AMmessage detail
yea agree,those lvl spells @_@
dam irritating.but if got prevention it'll be such a piece of cake...
ESPACIALLY to disable <_<
#477JoloStukiPosted 6/16/2009 6:12:29 AMmessage detail
I must say, this guide kind of contradicts its use.

You spoil the names of bosses and locations, but you are providing recommended levels.

Well, the only people who would need recommended levels are people who haven't played the game before, not people who are playing again (if they got through the game fine on their first playthrough, or had trouble, they can always decide what they need to do differently the next time around).

I think this guide would be more useful if you rewrote it with generic names for areas and bosses (light house....judge.......final boss, etc).

---
I voted for L-Block.
#478truckr_lifePosted 6/19/2009 8:13:04 PMmessage detail

0everyone is on level 18 and just arrived at the garif jungle....according to the guide im slightly behid. But he said that he over levels early in the game.

Question....what do you think of the strategy of keeping one character ALWAYS on your party to build a heavy hitter, then evenly leveling the others????

also how much time do you all spend on level vs storyline.......I spend about 60/40 (level/story) but want to change that around. However some of those flooded giza plains (and the couple of following areas) really are pain and makes me feel like im behind in my levels(I HATE HELLHOUNDS AT THIS POINT).

chime in, dueces

#479mattimeo2012Posted 6/20/2009 7:20:53 AMmessage detail
lvl 41 in Feywood?!?!? (im only lvl 31)
---
What would food be without ketchup?Salsa is mexican ketchup, Marinara is the italain ketchup, and british food sucks
Clair-1333 2628 6465(d/p FC) (0-2)
#480mattimeo2012Posted 6/20/2009 7:28:40 AMmessage detail
level vs. story vs mark hunting i spend about 5%/80% / 15% (in Feywood currently)
---
What would food be without ketchup?Salsa is mexican ketchup, Marinara is the italain ketchup, and british food sucks
Clair-1333 2628 6465(d/p FC) (0-2)