This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Answers to common question v3.0 READ BEFORE POSTING **SOME SPOILERS**

#251GeloanPosted 1/29/2009 10:52:03 AMmessage detail
Soulidarity, I have a question for you. What level were on in the beginning of the game after you defeated the Rogue Tomato? And it's there an easy way to get on level 80 before getting Penelo?
#252Soulidarity(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2009 7:17:30 AMmessage detail
Level 3 or so, I think? As for powerleveling to 80 before Penelo, you could use Dustia and/or Werewolves, but it would get very slow before you got even halfway there. Unless you're extremely patient, its not worth it to level beyond 25, maybe 30, at that point in the game.
---
Playing: LittleBigPlanet, Burnout Paradise, and Tiger Woods '09 on the PS3
#253MookietheboldPosted 1/30/2009 5:20:29 PMmessage detail
Last playthrough, I used Dustia up to level 60, and though it got kinda slow at 50, it still wasn't too bad. I think it took about 20 hours game time to get that far, maybe a bit less (or was it a bit more?). Can't remember, been too long. Still, if you don't mind the monotony of it, I'd say you could use it till 50 or 60 just fine.
---
your number is one
#254Lindsay27Posted 1/30/2009 10:30:11 PMmessage detail

Soulidarity, would you be able to pass on some advice. I check Split's post on complicated foe conditions for the Salamand Entite and I am having a few problem (now that I am looking for it) in getting it to spawn. I do not think it was mentioned in his post. What are the exact conditions to get it to spawn. I know of a few locations, so I am willing to look there, but I would like to know what this Fire Entite favors in terms of spawning. I think part of it has to do with the weather. Other than that, I am not sure.

Also, I am looking at the Bestiary. I have noticed there is one more spot in the Westersands/Estersands (not sure what the proper title is for the group). I have every entry that I know of including the Entite. I haven't seen any different monsters at all for quite some time. Is this a single-spot spawn monster or something more complicated? I know I could check the FAQ, but I am also wondering if it may be found somewhere else and posted under that particular section. For example, the Baritine Croc is found in the Paramania Rift (sp), but is listed under the Garamsythe Waterway. Some guidance is appreciated.

#255GeloanPosted 1/30/2009 11:04:01 PMmessage detail
Thank you, Soulidarity, but I'm trying to run a perfect game.
#256Soulidarity(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2009 6:26:06 AMmessage detail
Salamand Entite requires sunny weather. The two types of weather there aren't terribly different, though to be honest. "Sunny" has blue skies, while the other weather condition has skies that are a little bit brownish if I recall correctly.

As for your missing entry:

http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/62/best3zr1.jpg

Once you figure out what you're missing, I can give you more specific info.

---
Playing: LittleBigPlanet, Burnout Paradise, and Tiger Woods '09 on the PS3
#257Lindsay27Posted 1/31/2009 4:22:51 PMmessage detail

Soulidarity posted...
Salamand Entite requires sunny weather. The two types of weather there aren't terribly different, though to be honest. "Sunny" has blue skies, while the other weather condition has skies that are a little bit brownish if I recall correctly.

As for your missing entry:

http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/62/best3zr1.jpg

Once you figure out what you're missing, I can give you more specific info.

Okay, Soulidarity, I did check when the weather was sunny in one run through and could not find the Salamand Entite. Strange, but in the 3 areas I check for it and know it to spawn there, I did not find it. I will have to check again later when I can get back there. I am in the process of travelling through Giruveygen so it will be a bit before I get back.

If that was the complete listing of the Bestiary, I am shocked. I thought all of them had to be filled up in order to be completed. I have the same ones mentioned in The Dalmasca Sands. Strange, the notion of it being only complete when both sides were full was the only way I thought this worked. Now that I see this, I have to print this out and check out my Bestiary on the game. I want to see what I am truly missing. This could solve some of my problems and allow me to focus on the newer areas than keep going back over all the older ones. That saved me a great deal of trouble. Thanks so much Soulidarity.

#258Alt_LiquorPosted 2/1/2009 11:45:23 PMmessage detail
Just out of interest, I levelled to 50 before getting Penelo. All up it took 20 hours on the game clock.

Initially it was chaining Dustia, up until level 27.

Then I grabbed the short sword and carved Werewolves all the way to lv 50.

In the end I had all Monographs, Kotetsus for everyone and 400k gil in the account.
#259kytryokPosted 2/13/2009 4:14:25 AMmessage detail
question that doesent have to do with the subject :S, ive started a 122333 game and i got vaan on 1 and penelo on 13 to get money, does her level reset to 3 at the leviathan? need confirmations thanks :S
#260TheGman335Posted 2/13/2009 8:44:36 AMmessage detail
Thanks for the help