This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Wyrmhero Blade

#1StapledShutPosted 2/2/2008 11:48:44 AM
I found out I'm a lot closer to getting this than I thought. Halfway through fishing. Yiazmat is 1/5 dead. Strong enough to kill Omega whenever. Anyway, I was planning on using it for one of my characters while I hunt down the remaining rare game and also on the Bahamut. But I want opinions and input on something.
Should I equip the Cat-Ear Hood to make up for the slow charge time? Or should I equip Genji Gloves to further awesomify the high combo rate?
#2Geno87Posted 2/2/2008 11:51:39 AM
Cat-ear hood isnt going to increase speed enough to make it worthwhile, the Genji gloves bump the combo rate of the blade up to 100%, but that doesnt make up for the really slow speed. However, with Haste, Berserk (Bravery) AND the Genji gloves...
---
Question: If a tree falls in the forest and no ones around to hear it, and it hits a mime, does anyone care?
#3VYAzelasPosted 2/2/2008 11:52:42 AM
Yiazmat is 1/5 bored

Fix'd

Anyway, it is probably better off being a caster weapon because of auto-faith. The Cat-ear hood does squat for the charge time and the Genji Glove is better paired with another weapon.

You seriously don't want to whack anything with that sword because of that annoying sound...

---
Your dragon fetish creeps me the hell out, VYA. ~Lord Faust
Yiazzy, Hell Wyrm and Behemoth King don't die. They just get bored and run off.
#4StapledShut(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2008 11:53:12 AM
Okay, so use the Genji Gloves and a Haste Gambit, then. 100% Combo Rate does sound good.
#5ArmediasPosted 2/2/2008 11:53:37 AM
How about not equip it XD Because sherlock, it's combo might be 80%, thats high enough so the genji gloves would be just almost to useless. The cat-ear hood is nice but it still causes the blade to be enormous slow (yeah you have haste i know) The holy element is not the best there is and you should be able to kill all the enemies in the bahamut with just a normal weapon. Yeah ok i mean zodiac, tournesol, masamune etc etc :) Just equip a ribbon or perhaps the cameo belt.

The wyrmhero blade is strong yeah, but i personally think the tournesol, zodiac and masamune are far better.

---
BURGER KING, WHERE ALL DRAGONMASTERS EAT.
''triumph the insult comic dog: Return of the dorks''
#6StapledShut(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2008 11:55:51 AM
I can kill everything in Bahamut with store-bought weapons. Heck, I could probably bare-knuckle box Vayne and beat him at this point. But if I'm going to do all that work to get that blade, I'm going to use it to some extent and do something to either make up for its flaw or enhance its advantage.
#7VYAzelasPosted 2/2/2008 11:57:05 AM
*light bulb*

OMG! ULTIMATE COMBO FOR THE WYRMHERO BLADE! :D

Wyrmhero Blade
White Mask
Genji Armor
Battle Harness

Use it as a caster weapon and if they get attacked, you have an very good chance to Counter (a.k.a, 0 CT attack) with it. Add the 50 evasion and you have an awesome setup!
---
Your dragon fetish creeps me the hell out, VYA. ~Lord Faust
Yiazzy, Hell Wyrm and Behemoth King don't die. They just get bored and run off.
#8Geno87Posted 2/2/2008 11:57:57 AM
You could also use Hermes sandals instead of the gloves, just so you have them open for later use.
---
Question: If a tree falls in the forest and no ones around to hear it, and it hits a mime, does anyone care?
#9StapledShut(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2008 12:01:13 PM
VYA... I'm liking that set up. A lot. I'm going to try that once I stab Omega a lot, sleep through the rest of the fishing game and Yiazmat takes a nap.
#10TomMadoPosted 2/2/2008 9:27:51 PM
I remember bashing Vayne with Wyrmhero blade. The sound effect make it kinda whimsical.
---
The story of the Universe is the greatest story, because it got one heck of an ending.