This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is it true that *every* character has unique weapon stances/attack animations?

#1acdimpsPosted 7/29/2008 4:56:10 PM
someone told me that every character holds each weapon type (katanas, hammers, spears) a different way, and has a different attack animation...

is this true? that sounds like some awesome depth to this game...I wonder if there is a place to see every unique animation?? I wonder which look the best, lol.

thanks for any info.
#2Lord FaustPosted 7/29/2008 5:05:25 PM
The stances are the same for weapons of the same type (like spears and poles have the same stance), but the stances differ between characters. Each individual weapon type has its own unique attack animations, and there are 2-3 for each weapon type.
---
The snake prowls fiercely, but cannot scratch his back, because as the Sioux people are aware of, snakes have no arms in which to scratch their back.
#3acdimps(Topic Creator)Posted 7/29/2008 5:15:27 PM
So each cahracter has unique animations, but not for *every* weapon type, just for different weapon families?
#4Lord FaustPosted 7/29/2008 5:22:40 PM
I guess I didn't word that right.

Every weapon family has its own stance, but each individual weapon type has its own attack animations. At least, I'm pretty sure they do. Like, a spear and a pole have the same stance, but they have different attack animations.
---
The snake prowls fiercely, but cannot scratch his back, because as the Sioux people are aware of, snakes have no arms in which to scratch their back.
#5MesiarpPosted 7/29/2008 5:24:39 PM
^that and the same holds for the "congratulations" victory pose.

Split Infinity has all of the victory poses on Youtube, but I think all of his stuff got deleted.
---
Strip-mine the Amazon, of cells of life itself.
Gold rush for genes is on, natives get nothing. Biotech. Biotech. Biotech, is Godzilla.
#6Lord FaustPosted 7/29/2008 5:35:15 PM
Yeah, his account got banned. He has a new one, but I dunno if it has those videos on it. He only had the female characters poses, anyway. >_>
---
#7Exsoldier001Posted 7/29/2008 7:22:27 PM
what lord faust said.

Basically every one had their own stances for each TYPE of weapon. the attack animation varies.
#8acdimps(Topic Creator)Posted 7/29/2008 7:39:08 PM
thats STILL a lot of detail

anyone have any favorites?
#9kaili07Posted 7/29/2008 8:39:46 PM
Speaking of animations, does anyone know of a site that has videos of the character's victory poses after a boss battle? I'm currently trying Youtube, but haven't found any. Some of those poses are pretty cool.