This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

what is the difference between the regular vs the collector's edition?

#1seafood10Posted 9/26/2008 9:19:49 AM
i just bought this game from ebay and apparantely didn't realize i bought the collector's edition. so what is the difference between the regular game version vs. the collector's edition?
#2JonathanAlan721Posted 9/26/2008 9:22:22 AM
The box the disc comes in is the only difference. :-) The game is EXACTLY the same.
---
You must not only aim aright, but draw the bow with all your might.
- Henry David Thoreau
#3seafood10(Topic Creator)Posted 9/26/2008 9:32:39 AM
wtf??? i pay more for this game? i'm gonna cancel my order now.
#4Ame_no_MurakumoPosted 9/26/2008 9:37:23 AM
that's not the only difference. it has a bonus dvd with art and interviews n such.
---
Angel: I don't think 'urgh' is a magic word, if one could call it a word, and certainly not a magic one.
#5Harvin_TimePosted 9/26/2008 9:52:36 AM
I think the case is metal. I almost bought one used but I thought I changed my mind and bought a new copy for 20$
#6billygotenPosted 9/26/2008 3:57:00 PM
Originally, they charged more for the Collector's Edition, not sure if that's still the case. Also, if I'm correct, they actually made more of the collector's edition. Around here, all the normal ones got bought up quickly and the Collector's Editions sat on shelves until they repriced them to match. Can't imagine it would have been different elsewhere.

The Collector's Edition is okay. The bonus content is alright for some, but most, including myself, won't even think of watching it more than once. It has a space for two discs and I use the second to carry around games or leave it empty so that I can carry around a memory card in the case. Which brings me to my next point. The regular version has a memory card holder while the CE does not. The tin looks and feels neat, but there really is little incentive to get it over the normal one imo unless you care a lot about the extra content or don't care about a memory card holder.

On a side note, I believe the narrator for the history of Final Fantasy video on the bonus disc is the same guy who did Alucard's English voice in SotN. This is completely unconfirmed on my part, so take it with a grain of salt, but it just sounds like it to me.

---
---I know, I know. Everything I post is tl;dr---