This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Marilith won't appear...

#1tacticalcrapticPosted 11/8/2008 7:55:07 AM
I tried fighting it early (before crossing sandsea) and I found it, it was by the holes in the cave wall, it was trashing me so I ran, I have tried going back several time since, at different parts of the story, I have turned the cavern upside down trying to make appear, looking over and at the place it appeared before, but no luck.
Anyone seen this or know what to do?
---
Currently playing: Final Fantasy XII, Castlevania: Order of Ecclasia.
#2Drakengard002Posted 11/8/2008 7:59:37 AM
Your first time was a whole lot of luck. Marilith usually takes a long ****ing time to appear. Might have special restrictions I can't think of...
---
|\
|_/RAKENGARD: The game you do not deserve to have twist your mind.
#3tacticalcraptic(Topic Creator)Posted 11/8/2008 8:02:32 AM
OK, I am glad to hear it takes time, I thought my game might have been FUBARed
---
#4TheMagician42Posted 11/8/2008 8:33:40 AM
Usually it takes the Marilith about 5-6 minutes to show up. And even then you have to walk over to that sunny spot to get it to pop out. I ususally just go around that area and kill all the slimes and toads and then come back ans the snake shows up.

---
Hey sexy mama...wanna kill all humans?
#5JonathanAlan721Posted 11/8/2008 8:45:25 AM
Stand a little ways away but look at the spawn point, turn off all your gambits, and wait five minutes. After five minutes walk over to the spot and he will pop.
---
Atra esterni ono thelduin / Mor'ranr lifa unin hjarta onr / Un du evarinya ono varda.
#6ZephyrVidarPosted 11/8/2008 9:33:05 AM
Jonathan, I've played through this game at least ten times, and I have not once had to turn all my gambits off to get Marilith to spawn.
#7tacticalcraptic(Topic Creator)Posted 11/8/2008 10:09:04 AM
Thanks guys, that makes sense, cause before it would have taken me about 5 min to kill all the slimes cause I was weak the first time and thats why he appeared. Now Balthier kills them all in one hit. So run in and out of the cave seeing if he we respawn.
I'll try that.
---
#8ZephyrVidarPosted 11/8/2008 10:43:46 AM
No, don't leave the area! Every time you leave the area the "countdown" until he spawns will reset. You have to stay in the same area for five minutes.
#9tacticalcraptic(Topic Creator)Posted 11/8/2008 12:46:03 PM
Yeah, I understand that now, I'll try again after I get out of class.
---
#10JonathanAlan721Posted 11/8/2008 7:11:29 PM
I was not saying that turning your gambits off was critical to spawn him. You can very easily spawn him with your gambits on, BUT when you have to stand there that long it makes more sense to turn your gambits off than to sit there holding the R2 button the whole time. Or you could just use your MP rebuffing your standing characters. I understand that it is the time that spawns Marilith.
---
Atra esterni ono thelduin / Mor'ranr lifa unin hjarta onr / Un du evarinya ono varda.