This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Hidden Passage in Stilshrine of Miriam

#1TDozerPosted 2/28/2009 1:54:43 PM
I recently started over after 60+ hours of FFXII because I forgot about the treasure chests I can't open to get the Zodiac Spear, so I just started over so I can get it this time.

I remember last time that I played, I found a hidden stairway inside the Stilshrine of Miriam; but now I can't remember where it was. I've walked around the entire map twice after beating Mateus and I still can't find it. It was in one of the walls somewhere, I found it on accident last time.

I was trying to run away from some enemies because I was low on health and wanted to heal myself, and I ended up running up a staircase that I'd never seen before, and it took me to another staircase that had several enemies there that were casting several status ailments and I kept having to leave there so I didn't die because my party wasn't that high of a level at that point.

Now I have my whole party at or near Lvl 35 and I wanted to find it again to see if I could defeat whatever was in there, but now I can't find it.

If anybody knows where this is, please fill me in.
#21shadetail1Posted 2/28/2009 1:56:37 PM
Around where you fight the Darkmare. Push against the East wall.

---
Religion is like spaghetti: either stiff and fragile, or wet and limp.
#3JonathanAlan721Posted 2/28/2009 1:57:28 PM
I don't have a clue hat you are talking about. I know there is a secret staircase in the Tomb of Raithwall, but I forgot or am not aware of one in the Stilshrine of Miriam.

BTW.. You do things on purpose, but by accident.
---
Atra esterni ono thelduin / Mor'ranr lifa unin hjarta onr / Un du evarinya ono varda.
#4JonathanAlan721Posted 2/28/2009 2:06:16 PM
Are you talking about the one that is on the map?
Walk of Revelation? Walk of Torn Illusion? Ward of Velitation?

What's this area where you walk the east wall? Ward of the Sword-King?
Isn't that where you fight the Darkmare?

If it is "secret" then why would it be on the map?
---
Atra esterni ono thelduin / Mor'ranr lifa unin hjarta onr / Un du evarinya ono varda.
#5MooneaPosted 2/28/2009 2:10:29 PM
It's not on the map until you find it. Hence, it's 'secret'.
#6JonathanAlan721Posted 2/28/2009 2:13:25 PM
I gotcha, because early game you don't have the map like I do now. I fail. TC didn't even say "secret" but hidden. omg, I fail so hard. O_O I need a nap.
---
#7SomnicalPosted 3/1/2009 8:06:32 AM
As they sau, East wall close to where the Darkmare appears.

TIP. At the top of the stairs, before zoning. Cast Float or use a Float mote.....

---
I have infinite patience -.-
#8silverduchessPosted 3/1/2009 8:36:41 AM
Secret areas do not show up on the map even after you discover them.

---
Ignorance is bliss...So say the ignorant.