Best place to level up early game

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XII
  3. Best place to level up early game
7 years ago#1
I'm at level 23 and want to get to 30. I just lost Penelo after the sunstone quest, so its just Vaan.

I don't know where the best place to level up...either the Dustia phoenix down trick in the Westersand or the Giza werewolves...

What do you think?
PSN id: joe603
NICOCLUB.COM
7 years ago#2
For speed and efficiency, use Dustia - even at 23 with a Gladius it will be a chore trying to level on Werewolves.

...well, my honest answer to this is to continue with the game and start levelling again when you reach Jahara =p

---
7 years ago#3
Dustia is far superior if Vaan is still by his lonesome.
This is a signature. ~Captain Obvious on this signature.
7 years ago#4
Level 23 after the sunstone quest? That's pretty high as it is.
The user below has been awarded the Atomic Bong
7 years ago#5
I'm up to level 85 chaining Dustia right after the Rogue Tomato hunt. Of course, it's taken me about 60 hours to do that, so I wouldn't recommend that if you actually want to play the game.
"It's a holiday for hanging."
7 years ago#6
I don't want to go that high...this is my second playthrough (first was when the game was released) and I want to be ready to get the Z. Spear right after Raithwall.

I found the power walkthrough...seems like a good plan to level Vaan alone and have everybody else join at his level +1 or +2.

I was just going to play the game without doing any extra stuff...but now I might do it all again! ...even farm the tournsol loot, equipment for Yiazmat ect.
NICOCLUB.COM
7 years ago#7
I suggest you keep killing Dustia if what you want is get to level 30. However, Werewolves give you more experience than Dustia, you have a shot of getting a Kotetsu. At that level I was able to defeat them rather easily with Gladius, Protect and blinding them, and they will be easier at level 25. I also believe that the Tanned Hides cost more than the Book of Orgains. I might be wrong.

Basically, when I'm that high leveled, I shoot for Werewolves. You should also have in mind that the game will turn out to be quite boring at level 30 until you get to the late stages.
The science of video games
7 years ago#8
If you want to grab Zodiac after Raithwall, get to 30ish and learn the immobilize glitch. Bring Niho and Phoenix downs, and be ready to run between zones when a bunch of Baknamys are too close to your immobilized partner though, to kill them off one by one.
This is a signature. ~Captain Obvious on this signature.
7 years ago#9
level 23 after sunstone quest?
i'm level 3 and on that quest...
7 years ago#10
Ah, I'm sick of leveling....I'm just going to continue with the story. It is nice having the Kotetsu and Gladius though!
NICOCLUB.COM
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XII
  3. Best place to level up early game

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived