This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Best place to level up early game

#1joe603Posted 5/19/2009 6:49:34 AM
I'm at level 23 and want to get to 30. I just lost Penelo after the sunstone quest, so its just Vaan.

I don't know where the best place to level up...either the Dustia phoenix down trick in the Westersand or the Giza werewolves...

What do you think?
---
PSN id: joe603
NICOCLUB.COM
#2Saint_CoyotePosted 5/19/2009 6:54:12 AM
For speed and efficiency, use Dustia - even at 23 with a Gladius it will be a chore trying to level on Werewolves.

...well, my honest answer to this is to continue with the game and start levelling again when you reach Jahara =p

---
#3Kholdstare_4Posted 5/19/2009 8:15:24 AM
Dustia is far superior if Vaan is still by his lonesome.
---
This is a signature. ~Captain Obvious on this signature.
#4GrayRainPosted 5/19/2009 8:40:29 AM
Level 23 after the sunstone quest? That's pretty high as it is.
---
The user below has been awarded the Atomic Bong
#5MexicolaPosted 5/19/2009 8:48:20 AM
I'm up to level 85 chaining Dustia right after the Rogue Tomato hunt. Of course, it's taken me about 60 hours to do that, so I wouldn't recommend that if you actually want to play the game.
---
"It's a holiday for hanging."
#6joe603(Topic Creator)Posted 5/19/2009 9:16:11 AM
I don't want to go that high...this is my second playthrough (first was when the game was released) and I want to be ready to get the Z. Spear right after Raithwall.

I found the power walkthrough...seems like a good plan to level Vaan alone and have everybody else join at his level +1 or +2.

I was just going to play the game without doing any extra stuff...but now I might do it all again! ...even farm the tournsol loot, equipment for Yiazmat ect.
---
NICOCLUB.COM
#7RhadamantisZEROPosted 5/19/2009 9:58:26 AM
I suggest you keep killing Dustia if what you want is get to level 30. However, Werewolves give you more experience than Dustia, you have a shot of getting a Kotetsu. At that level I was able to defeat them rather easily with Gladius, Protect and blinding them, and they will be easier at level 25. I also believe that the Tanned Hides cost more than the Book of Orgains. I might be wrong.

Basically, when I'm that high leveled, I shoot for Werewolves. You should also have in mind that the game will turn out to be quite boring at level 30 until you get to the late stages.

---
The science of video games
#8Kholdstare_4Posted 5/19/2009 10:54:56 AM
If you want to grab Zodiac after Raithwall, get to 30ish and learn the immobilize glitch. Bring Niho and Phoenix downs, and be ready to run between zones when a bunch of Baknamys are too close to your immobilized partner though, to kill them off one by one.
---
This is a signature. ~Captain Obvious on this signature.
#9ACM175Posted 5/19/2009 12:27:05 PM
level 23 after sunstone quest?
i'm level 3 and on that quest...
#10joe603(Topic Creator)Posted 5/19/2009 1:09:37 PM
Ah, I'm sick of leveling....I'm just going to continue with the story. It is nice having the Kotetsu and Gladius though!
---
NICOCLUB.COM