This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Key to the closed door in sochen cave palace

#1madlashPosted 10/14/2009 5:11:03 PM
I can't find the "ascetcs" key or something that opens the door to the secret place in sochen cave place, can anyoe help me ?
---
King Don.
#2stehlthninjabobPosted 10/14/2009 6:13:48 PM
To open the ascetics door you must solve a door puzzle. In the big room its in there is a big circle of doors, with some that cross through the middle.

To solve the puzzle you must start on the side opposite if the ascetics door, then open the doors called "door of hours" while going around the circle clockwise. They must all be closed when you start, if you opened one out of order zone to another room and come back. If you did it right you will get a message saying the door has opened.

After you go through that door there is another one that actually requires a key. To get that key you have to advance the story to archades. After you finish your business in archades a bunch of hunts open up, one of which is for a creature called vyraal.

After you defeat it you get an extra item called "dragon scale". To get the key you need to go to the area where you fought vyrall and find windmill 10. Walk around it until an exclamation point appears and then press x or whatever. A wyrm philosopher will come out and exchange you an "ageworn key" for the dragon scale.

That key opens the door behind the ascetics door, but you might not want to open it yet, because inside is hell wyrm, a powerful optional boss with ~8 million hp (I think)
---
It ain't rocket surgery
http://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=98933
#3ChickenMcTestPosted 10/16/2009 2:58:21 PM

To open the ascetics door you must solve a door puzzle. In the big room its in there is a big circle of doors, with some that cross through the middle.

To solve the puzzle you must start on the side opposite if the ascetics door, then open the doors called "door of hours" while going around the circle clockwise. They must all be closed when you start, if you opened one out of order zone to another room and come back. If you did it right you will get a message saying the door has opened.

After you go through that door there is another one that actually requires a key. To get that key you have to advance the story to archades. After you finish your business in archades a bunch of hunts open up, one of which is for a creature called vyraal.

After you defeat it you get an extra item called "dragon scale". To get the key you need to go to the area where you fought vyrall and find windmill 10. Walk around it until an exclamation point appears and then press x or whatever. A wyrm philosopher will come out and exchange you an "ageworn key" for the dragon scale.

That key opens the door behind the ascetics door, but you might not want to open it yet, because inside is hell wyrm, a powerful optional boss with ~8 million hp (I think)

I agree.
#4jackofblades34Posted 10/16/2009 3:04:01 PM
I agree.

I agree.
---
You cannot silence the truth!
#5DWPOTTERPosted 10/16/2009 5:21:18 PM

WTF!

Oy.... that's a friggen lot of HEALTH!

#6guythesamuraiPosted 10/16/2009 9:28:38 PM
^ Actually it's a rather pathetic amount when compared to Yiazmat who has 50 million+ Hp...
---
PSN: guythesamurai
#7madlash(Topic Creator)Posted 10/17/2009 1:28:54 PM
Hey, I found the boss, and it was easy. He has tons of HP, but no really dangerous attack. It took around one hour to beat him. But it seems that I GOT NOTHING from him!!

There are others bosses like these one ?
---
King Don.
#8jackofblades34Posted 10/17/2009 2:03:14 PM
There is one mark that is similar to Hell Wyrm who goes by the name of Yiazmat.

Have fun whittling away at 50 million HP!
---
You cannot silence the truth!
#9madlash(Topic Creator)Posted 10/18/2009 11:32:08 AM
Its true that you get nothing from this one ?
---
King Don.
#10stehlthninjabobPosted 10/18/2009 11:39:16 AM
If you talk to montblanc after defeating hell wyrm he'll give you 50,000 gil. That and to unlock the hunt for
Yiazmat you have to kill hell wyrm.
---
It ain't rocket surgery