This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Arcana and Electrum question.

#1PercussiologistPosted 11/11/2009 7:05:50 PM
i have some in my loot. sell or no? and how do i use the bundle of needles and great serpentskin?
---
bbc
#2nathany33Posted 11/11/2009 8:19:10 PM
check the bazaar loot guide for these sorts of questions.
#3falconesquePosted 11/12/2009 8:58:12 AM
The great serpentskin is unique and used in a sidequest, the completion prize for which is more valuable. Bundles of needles are rare, but not unique. Arcana are rare only up until a point, but keep, oh, at least thirty (opinions?) around until you know more. Electrum are pretty rare and have specific uses, so donít sell them yet. Sometimes the sell-for price, if seeming too low, is indicative of rarity; sometimes itís not.

Fill out your Clan Primerís Bestiary for hints on the needles and other loot, if you want to do it yourself. Otherwise, yeah, take a look at a variety of guides, such as the Bazaar Loot and Ultimate Equipment guides, for possible uses for these and other articles in your loot inventory. Several walkthroughs provide good references, too.
---
Guides & other contributions: http://www.esque.com/slr/gamefaqs/
Light on graphics, no ads.
#4Gogandantess100Posted 11/12/2009 12:18:15 PM
when weapons and armor are cheap it means they are rare. an item can be expensive or cheap and still be rare. after a couple of playthroughs u memorize what is important and what is not important
---
xbl: P2K WARRIOR; Ashe only- lvl 99 13 espers 45 hunts 122333- collecting items
I heard somewhere that Viera can be impregnated by The Wood.-Mir_Vimes
#5Sir_TripzalotPosted 11/12/2009 2:28:13 PM
I use the rule of 10 in my personal inventory.

I just keep 10 of everything around. Over time, you can begin to see what's rare and what isn't.

But, with a few notable exceptions, you're free to sell all your loot. That's the intended purpose of loot...to make you money. Again, there are a few exceptions to this. The aforementioned Great Serpent Skin is used at the end of a sidequest to get a "better" reward. A reward that is easily purchased elsewhere in the game.

Also, I would look up the recipes for the "Tournesol" and the "Masamune". Both recipes take a bit of rare loot to acquire, and the selling of said loot in a particular combination can create BOTH recipes at the same time, and is infinitely more efficient that scouring Ivalice twice for the same loot.

Cheers...

---
Your proctologist called...he's found your head
#6RobinFiveWordsPosted 11/12/2009 4:38:04 PM
Also, if you auto-sort your loot inventory, much of the rare stuff will move toward the bottom of the list. Not an absolute rule, but sometimes helpful.
#7falconesquePosted 11/13/2009 8:39:54 AM
Keeping a static number per loot isnít always practical. Some recipes call for more than ten, for instance. Most know about stacking the Tournesol and Masamune recipes, but that can be cascaded into several other articles as well.

Whatís really lacking (from all the guides I checked) is a list of the most thatís needed of each loot item for any single recipe. Theoretically, you could compile such an inventory then sell everything once the list was complete. I did something similar for Kingdom Hearts and KH2 (linked below), to get everything synthesized in one sitting. Not sure I want to tackle that for FFXII, though. On a practical level, Tournesol alone proves exceptions complicate the matter.
---
Guides & other contributions: http://www.esque.com/slr/gamefaqs/
Light on graphics, no ads.
#8BeamupPosted 11/13/2009 9:09:21 AM
Electrum and Bundle of Needles are each used only in a single recipe, so may be sold freely.

It's only when an ingredient is used in multiple recipes, or for purposes outside the bazaar, that there's any use to keeping it around.
---
The plural of anecdote is not data.