This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Perfect Game Part 5.1

#401verylatebloomerPosted 6/10/2012 6:54:20 PM
well...got my Mallet's all stolen, barring another nice outage.

yagyus? up to a whopping...seven.

grrrrrrrrrrr
---
Sentry 3X8A Fi Lvl17 477hp S38 L21 Hit%79 Mdef69 Abs43 Dmg38
96048xp 10564g 5H 3P 1 Pa Drag[Sw] Irn[A] Slv[Sh] Irn[H] Slv[G] mako scraps, ore
#402Player2Posted 6/11/2012 6:52:07 AM
Well, we have very bad flooding where I am at and in Penscola too. About to play again. On #26. At the end of the Phon Coast about to go into Tchita Uplands and get Kris and beat Lindwyrm. Then it is off to Sochen Cave Place to get Anbuys and Wendice and also beat Overlord. Then it is back to the Salikwood to get Rageclaw and then it is off to the Nabeus Deadlands to get Aricoh, and Veleveu. Then it is off to the Nechorl of nabuais to beat Golaith and Deathscythe and get Vorres. Then it is back to Nalbina Fortress to get mt rewards for beating the two marks in the Nechrol of Nabuais, then it is off to the Lhusu mines to beat Gilagmamesh and get Bombshell, Gemhorn, and Disma!
---
I have a photographic memory and can remember a lot of stuff.
#403verylatebloomerPosted 6/11/2012 8:39:31 AM
whew! got my first triple-drop of yagyu's. am up to sixteen, so feeling a bit better, and yeah, it's going a LOT faster now that i'm done stealing mallets. (knock on wood! no storms, no storms!)

should have mentioned that a while ago i finally figured out to use Souleater once bombshell gets down to critical hp; it still does 6999 damage per hit, as opposed to the mega-absorbed 900-1500 of all the other weapons i've got currently once he goes into berserk defense and ultra-parry mode at the end.

so fran's closing in on the end of her xp, and i'm definitely gonna save so i don't have to steal mallets a THIRD time. am considering chaining Aeronites next, rather than doing Yagyu all in one shot. i've already noticed they're susceptible to gravity. does this mean they are also susceptible to everyone's favorite...sight unseeing? or are they not related? i'll play around, but if y'all have any good tips for quick and easy kills, i'd love to hear 'em. figuring out souleater literally cuts my battle time in half with bombshell, so there's always new cool stuff i haven't thought of.
---
96048xp 10564g 5H 3P 1 Pa Drag[Sw] Irn[A] Slv[Sh] Irn[H] Slv[G] mako scraps, ore
#404ShinGouken(Topic Creator)Posted 6/11/2012 11:12:46 AM
I'm having trouble finding a gambit which allows me to chain Silver Lobo's without other enemies getting in the way. Using the Earth-weak gambit forces my characters to attack the Charybterix. Despite Silver Lobo's being the only enemy with under 5000HP, the Attack Foe<5000HP doesn't work because Bandercouerls must have an attack which cuts their own HP which forces me to attack them and break the chain. Everything on Cerobi has 999MP except Silver Lobo's which only have under 300MP... but there's no gambit for that. I would equip my characters with weapons that the Couerls are immune to so if i did attack them they wouldn't die and break my chain... except they have no immunities. Apparantly, if i want to chain them, i have to do it manually
---
FFXII Perfect game Inventory at 2000+ Hours - http://youtu.be/d3UY3T3pThc
#405ShinGouken(Topic Creator)Posted 6/11/2012 11:21:57 AM
The Bandercouerl mystery is that they have the HP attack augment...

"The damage dealt by the enemy with normal attacks is doubled. However, as well as hurting you, damage will also be sustained by your aggressor. The damage to the attacker will be the same amount of damage suffered by the affected party member(s).

Their attacks are dealing 0HP damage on my characters wearing Grand Armour but they are dealing enough damage to my character wearing the Brave Suit to drop their HP under 5000 and force my characters to attack them. So... swapping the Brave Suit for some Grand Armour should solve my problem
---
#406ShinGouken(Topic Creator)Posted 6/11/2012 11:28:09 AM
Triple post lol. Wouldn't it have been so much easier just to chain the Bandercouerls in the first place? Aside from their uncommen drop being a Storm Crystal instead of Wind Magicite, their other drops mirror the Silver Lobo's exactly so it wouldn't make any difference which one i chain.

The good news is that i must have missed the rare poach from Bandercouerls. Zephyr Poles are worth 11,500 Gil and i can easily Sight Unseeing + Poach them for another maxed item while i run laps. And i still earn Quality Pelts 95% of the time so can still make some cash too.
---
#407verylatebloomerPosted 6/11/2012 11:30:19 AM
saved away my 99 mallets. (still have to sell two, and either re-steal, or just assume i'll get a couple from Pharos). ended with 19 yagyus. not terrible, though for a single bout, i'd usually go a bit more before saving. but getting those mallets stowed away was a priority; stealing is SLOW. (doesn't help that i realized AFTERwards that Vaan had a ribbon on instead of thief cuffs. ugh.)

so....yeah. i think (i hope) i will do the rest in two big chunks, but not before selling some stuff (spiral incisors since i'm stealing so many of those--up to 26 Demon Shields, maybe wyvern fangs and do that round of Aeronites first!) and getting some levels.
---
#408Player2Posted 6/12/2012 4:31:42 AM
About to play again. On #26. About to get Anubys and Wendice, and then get my rewards for beating Lindwyrm and Overlord, then i is off to the Sailkwood to get Rageclaw, and then to Nabreus Deadlands to get Veleu, and Arioch, then off to Nechrol of Nabauis to beat Golaith and Deathscythe, and also get Vorres.
---
I have a photographic memory and can remember a lot of stuff.
#409verylatebloomerPosted 6/12/2012 1:59:08 PM
just broke a nice chain of 300 Aeronites. thunder booming all around me--which means i just guaranteed the power won't flicker--but if hadn't saved, it was almost a sure bet that it would! Didn't want to lose my progress--and though i'd really rather have gone another hundred aeronites to use up Fran's xp without chain breaking, i'd rather not lose it and i'm getting more paranoid about leaving the PS2 on all the time!

so...8.7 mil steps, 890some hours (so just 100 hours til clock end!)

got 49 dragon helms from aeronites so far; nice halfway point. with all the wyvern wings i stole from the Osmone Plains birdragonthing (Aeros, maybe?) i'm only 11 away from maxing those now.

i wish i could set up an effective gambit to steal from the Abysteels but NOT bother stealing from the Vampyrs, to keep getting Demon Shields, that doesn't interfere with the Aeronites. Just doing it manually, but going after both bombshell and aeronites is going to max those--i've got 56 now. probably gonna take off and do some mark hunting next--i'm already getting way tired of the lasche span route.
---
Sentry 3X8A Fi Lvl17 477hp S38 Hit%79 Mdef69 Abs43 Dmg38
#410verylatebloomerPosted 6/13/2012 2:22:48 PM
spawning bombshell is getting really f***ing irritating.

when i was chaining Aeronites, he'd show up and get in the way about 1/5 of the time.

now that i'm trying to chain HIM again...i zone about ten times, which should give him a 90% chance to show up...and he shows up about 3/4 times, and i run across that huge ass bridge getting smacked around by aeronites for nothing waaaay to freaking often.

yeah. bombshell deserves his spot in the worst most annoying farming hall of fame.
---
Sentry 3X8A Fi Lvl17 477hp S38 Hit%79 Mdef69 Abs43 Dmg38