This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What if Penelo was a Seeq?

#1AgnisPhilosophyPosted 6/25/2012 12:36:06 AM
Would you have liked her more then?

While we're at it, would you have preferred it if Vaan was a Moogle, Basch was a Helgas and Ashe was a Nu Mou? That way we would have had all of Ivalice's races in our party?
#2Mr HangmanPosted 6/25/2012 12:49:36 AM
What about the Bangaas, Garif, Baknamy, Urutan-Yensa, Rev, and Occuria? They don't get a spot on diversity avenue? Penelo is just boring, it seems as though her only plot function is to be kidnapped. I wouldn't mind too much if she were replaced by an entirely different character, but whatever.
---
What senses do we lack that we cannot see and cannot hear another world all around us? -Dune
#3drclaeysPosted 6/25/2012 4:40:16 AM
Friends,

I really wanted them to use all these neat races more.

I would have loved to have a FFXII-2. With a total NON Human team, doing all the crazy stuff around the world. Even if then reused most of the map. Like x-2, I could have been ok.

You got these neat and interesting races, but nothing is done with them.

I think Penny was fine, but I would have enjoyed some non human team members, other then just Fran.

thank you For sharing.
---
Dr. Darrell of Michigan.
#4AxujenPosted 6/25/2012 6:12:45 AM
Bash as a seeq tank
Panelo as a Nu Mou mage
Vaan as a bangaa thief
#5Ecclesiastes273Posted 6/25/2012 6:36:24 AM
If she were written somewhat like the Contrite Thief of the Orthros hunt, there'd be potential. That Seeq was funny and memorable, and did more flirting with Vaan than Penelo ever did.

Still, I like the character dynamic the way it is. But I can't say I'd dislike a few prominent NPCs from non-Hume races that aren't Elf wannabes(Viera) or morally bankrupt(Bangaa, Seeq), or mindless chain fodder(Urutan-Yensa, Baknamy). Migelo was cool, but he wasn't enough.
---
Official Vet of the MHFU Message Board.
Official ETERNAL DESTROYER of the super mega ultimate DRAGON DESTROYERS(tm).
#6ZekuMusashiPosted 6/25/2012 6:51:46 AM
Upon joining Clan Centurio, you should've gotten one "generic" of each race for your party which you could then, while in the Clan HQ,
switch freely - for battle only so as not to mess with cutscenes etc - with your story characters (so your party is still only 6).

Moogle and Nu Mou might need to be restricted weapon-wise (Guns / Crossbows, Staves / Rods / Maces, maybe Daggers),
but a generic Bangaa / Viera / Seeq / ... Hume (for completion's sake?) shouldn't pose any problems.

It's pretty annoying that we only get one non-Hume character in this (though I really like Fran), even Star Wars had the droids, at least.
The whole conflict is not really limited to "the hands of Man", I'd have loved to see other races' points of view more often.
---
You want an awesome free Collectible Card Game?
~~~~~~~~ www.cardmasterconflict.com ~~~~~~~~
#7Ecclesiastes273Posted 6/25/2012 6:54:48 AM
I would absolutely love a Moogle gunner or knife/shield melee stomper. Carrying a Fomalhaut around like a shotgun ftw.
---
Official Vet of the MHFU Message Board.
Official ETERNAL DESTROYER of the super mega ultimate DRAGON DESTROYERS(tm).
#8Aadiboy2Posted 6/25/2012 8:36:49 AM
http://youtu.be/vPcEpAfQmLw
#9AgnisPhilosophy(Topic Creator)Posted 6/25/2012 11:45:30 AM
Mr Hangman posted...
What about the Bangaas, Garif, Baknamy, Urutan-Yensa, Rev, and Occuria? They don't get a spot on diversity avenue? Penelo is just boring, it seems as though her only plot function is to be kidnapped. I wouldn't mind too much if she were replaced by an entirely different character, but whatever.

I wasn't really including the "bad" races. Did you really expect SE to give us an Occuria as a team member?
#10AxujenPosted 6/25/2012 4:16:15 PM
Did you really expect SE to give us an Occuria as a team member?

A Venat would have been nice...