This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

black orbs...

#1easytoremember8Posted 7/20/2012 2:49:50 AM(edited)
It says to just leave the black orbs alone because they'll join the "massive black orbs" and be add 3 times the amount to it. But the massive black orbs don't seem to be the in spots based on this map.

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Subterra

I've gotten one massive one before, and figured I could get the rest now. At the very least, I thought I could follow the black orbs dropped by enemies to the massive one, but they seem to be going to the pedestal before making a disappearing sound.

edit: ok i finally found it, it was in the last room I checked out of 4 (subterra/penumbra). Does that mean only 1 massive black orb exists? And you'll just have to check every room for it?
---
"No amount of creativity is gonna get a Probe past a wall-in or an Observer past a Turret." ~ EGHuK
Masters Protoss
#2easytoremember8(Topic Creator)Posted 7/20/2012 4:41:54 AM
hmm i can't edit it another time. so I had another question. let's say I get one massive black orb in northwest. Does that mean a new one will appear in the other 3 locations? What if I save and load again. Will it "reset" and the massive black orb will be in one of the 4 locations?
---
"No amount of creativity is gonna get a Probe past a wall-in or an Observer past a Turret." ~ EGHuK
Masters Protoss
#3Machines_Of_DogPosted 7/21/2012 3:21:12 AM
the massive orb randomly spawns in one of the locations (or none)

if you leave the area and save you can reset until it spawns in the nearest /easiest location to the save crystal

you should do this if you know you have, or are nearing, 99 black orbs (or 33 kills/warps) since you can't carry more than 99
---
"No-one tries to kill me and gets away with it..."~ Kliamgroq
#4vahndragonwingPosted 7/21/2012 4:03:35 AM
Also, you can only edit up to an hour after posting it.
---
"Is metroid's gun part of his suit or is it part of his arm, like the guy from final fantasy 8?"