This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Wow, wasn't expecting that at the Pharos at Ridorana (spoilers)

#11TimeMagePosted 9/14/2012 2:09:21 PM
Aren't they in a Veldt? Maybe the new engine on the Strahl is good enough to fly around there but can't maneuver very precisely, so they couldn't stop at the top. Meanwhile, Cid has perfected the Veld-flying machines so he can park his ship exactly where he wants. As for how did they fled, they... Jumped on the Strahl as it passed below?

Wow, no matter how much I try, this still makes absolutely no sense, haha.
---
"News flash, big guy: You can wax on, wax off all you want, I'm still... KICKIN' YOUR ASS!"
#12YonKitoTaoshibePosted 9/18/2012 11:48:21 AM
Yeah, it was a hell of a climb. For as much of a pain as it was in certain parts (like the damn colored light puzzle. I got stuck there and had to let my PS2 run for 4 days straight until I got the time to finish it in one of my early files), aesthetically I really liked it.
And later you get some really nice treasures.
But aside from the fun of the climb, Balthier really should've anchored the Strahl closer to the top. I know there was the "trial of Raithwall's lineage" and the storm of Mist around the lighthouse, but it would've saved 'em quite a trek/jump back down.
---
Now as they were eating, Jesus took bread, and blessed, and broke it, and gave it to the disciples saying "Take, eat; this is my body" Matthew 26:26
#13Junta_JastPosted 9/22/2012 8:50:56 AM
SirLezdain posted...
tadashii18 posted...
Quote:You have to wonder though, how did they even get there? They just flew, and skipped climbing the tower?
@Galaxilli

Yup. I was confused when Balthier didn't just fly to the top instead of the bottom near the shore. Kind of like in Lord of the Rings with the eagles and junk.

Apparently the Nazgul riding their Hell Hawks would have torn them apart after seeing them coming from 100 miles away.

I think it was explained better in the books, but I haven't read them in a while.
---
Deezul :
"In a world where the dead can be brought back to life and start running their mouths you maintain your deception until the very end."
#14prince_leoPosted 9/27/2012 9:24:02 PM
Junta_Jast posted...
SirLezdain posted...
tadashii18 posted...
Quote:You have to wonder though, how did they even get there? They just flew, and skipped climbing the tower?

Yup. I was confused when Balthier didn't just fly to the top instead of the bottom near the shore. Kind of like in Lord of the Rings with the eagles and junk.

Apparently the Nazgul riding their Hell Hawks would have torn them apart after seeing them coming from 100 miles away.

I think it was explained better in the books, but I haven't read them in a while.

Basically, the eagles are beings that have to follow certain rules. One of the rules is not to interfere and so they only came when Gandulf called in a favor
---
No man stands so tall as he who stoops to help a child.
http://i.imgur.com/VH2Nc.jpg - Young Leo has more swag than you